UPDATE: node-red-contrib-mssql-plus V0.3.0

Whats new...

• Updated package.json to use same version of mustache as node-red
  • Added ability for mustache to render {{flow.xxx}} and {{global.xxx}} variables.

Updated github and NPM.

For those new to this node - here is a quick summary of features...

• Connect to multiple SQL Servers from SQL2000 ~ latest
  • Perform multiple queries in one go & get back multiple recordsets (depends on the queries sent)
  • Use mustache in your SQL queries including msg, flow and global context. e.g...
    • SELECT TOP {{{payload.maxRows}}} * FROM [MyTable] WHERE Name = '{{{flow.name}}}' AND quantity >= {{{global.minQty}}}
    • Access the mustache rendered query in msg.query for understanding what happened to your {{{mustache}}} parameters
  • Chose between throwing an error to the catch node or outputting an error property in the output msg.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Link: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-mssql-plus

2 Likes

Hi Steve,

I tried the latest version (V0.3.3) with Azure SQL server, but I am not able to connect. The error message is {"code":"ELOGIN","message":"Login failed for user 'USERNAMe'.","name":"ConnectionError"}.
Error message under the node is the same: Login failed for user 'USERNAME'

If I switch off encryption then I get the message to turn on the encryption.

Connection is OK, server is available, connection works fine with management console.

TDS option is not available on the configuration window, but using export/import I was able to edit the configuration and import it. So, I tried V7_1, 7_2, 7_3 and 7_4, but all are the same:

Are there any special settings to connect to azure sql? What can be the problem?

Is it possible to connect to Azure sql with this node?

Thanks and regards

Hi. It's something I've not used.

Is it possible you could setup a temporary (non sensitive) Azure SQL connection and pass me username and password (direct message not on here) and I'll give it a go.

Forgive my ignorance if this sounds odd - I'm assuming the connection (to Azure SQL) can be made from an external node-red (as opposed to running node-red on same Azure instance) - correct me if I am wrong

Hi Steve, thank you for the answer, I sent the temporary SQL access details in PM.

Hi,

I tested with the azure DB info you privately sent me - it works fine for me.

I have sent you the flow i used (privately).

for the record, i was using ...

windows 7
node -v 10.15.3
node-red V1.0.0.beta-4
node-red-contrib-mssql-plus v0.3.3

What are you using?

Are you behind firewall? Proxy?

For anyone reading, @bence replied privately and has confirmed node-red-contrib-mssql-plus does indeed work with Azure. :+1:

2 Likes

Confirmed, thanks for your help!

2 Likes