Firstly - I would greatly appreciate beta testers and feedback
If anyone is dumping lots of data into a table, please give the beta a go & feedback.
This will allow me to be confident of merging these changes into the main branch and release.
I have now published
V0.7.0-beta.2 V0.7.0-beta.3 to NPM - https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-mssql-plus/v/0.7.0-beta.3
This has numerous changes but most importantly, BULK INSERT mode is now implemented,
Also, the MSSQL library is updated to
V7.0.0-alpha (which importantly updates the tedious driver to v9 (tedious v9 has many improvements over v6.x that mssql v6.x currently depends on))
- stop node-red
- open a cmd/terminal and
cdto your node-red folder (often
npm i email@example.com
- run node-red
Alternative method for latest version of node-red...
- Download the the package tgz
- Open the pallet manger & install using the upload module button...
- restart node-red
I have tested inserting 500000 in one go on an RPI3b with 1GB RAM.
I ran it over 200 times over the course of 2 days & memory did climb from 200MB peaking at 500MB but then settles at around 340MB - no leak (leaking memory is partly the reason I added bulk insert mode)
- layout improvements
- add trustServerCertificate param
- overhaul promises and add bulk mode (using async/await)
- fix query typedInput width (layout improvement)
- improve built in docs
- spelling, comments, corrections
- Add new demo BULK
- update readme to reflect new version changes
- update TVP demo to use same CN object as bulk demo
- added table column options (readOnly, primary, identity, nullable) for bulk import
- minor version bump (beta) 0.7.0-beta.3