Upload node inhibits same name file to be re-sent

Hi

I'm using the package node-red-contrib-ui-upload (v 0.7.0) for a while now, it works well for what I want, but...It gets stuck everytime I try to send a file with the same name as the previous one but different content, for example:
1-Send file name File1. -> Works great!
2-Send file name File2. -> Works great!
3-Send file name File2 but different cotent. -> Doesn't do anything!
4-Refresh dashboard and try to send the latest version of File2. -> Works great!

I'm almost thinking about forcing a refresh after each send event, but would make me loose some button ticks I have going on in the dashboard and force the user to redo them again...is anyone awhere of what could this be?

In the package sugestions the author mentions some issues about Backpressure and the need to send { tick: true } to get it going...but honestly I have little idea of what's talking about...I tried injecting a msg.tick with boolean true on the upload node to get it unstucked -.-'.....didn't work ^^

Any idead would be welcome.
Thank you.
Cheers, Luís Pereira.

Without your flow it will be hard to try and reproduce your issue.

Of course, but the 'upload' from the library node-red-contrib-ui-upload (v 0.7.0) is enough to reproduce this error, flow with just that:

[
    {
        "id": "6a3c815b3b933cfa",
        "type": "ui_upload",
        "z": "3a15589cc1208b80",
        "group": "f52eb6ee1cd0c210",
        "title": "upload",
        "name": "",
        "order": 0,
        "width": 0,
        "height": 5,
        "chunk": 256,
        "transfer": "binary",
        "x": 350,
        "y": 120,
        "wires": [
            []
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "f52eb6ee1cd0c210",
        "type": "ui_group",
        "name": "Default",
        "tab": "bb3c02960fb182fa",
        "order": 1,
        "disp": true,
        "width": "6",
        "collapse": false
    },
    {
        "id": "bb3c02960fb182fa",
        "type": "ui_tab",
        "name": "Home",
        "icon": "dashboard",
        "disabled": false,
        "hidden": false
    }
]

Again, the issue occurs if I try to send a file with the same name as the previous but diferent content, I'm currently just sending .txt files, and the contente could just be a single character for example.

Thank you.

Cheers, Luís Pereira.

Looks like the node remembers the previous file location and doesn't process it. If you think this is an issue, you should open an issue on the node's GitHub page

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.