Using get entities to listen to multiple event states?

Hey there,

I want to use node red in my home assistant to listen for new update relases and notify me on my phone.
Right now I'm using an event state regex to listen to all entity ids starting with "update.*".
Regex:

^update.*

Is there any possibility to make node red listen to all entites using the "get entities" node and not using regex or a list in event state?
Please see the example below.

[{"id":"e069e388ee53bb12","type":"tab","label":"HA Update available","disabled":false,"info":"","env":[]},{"id":"dbc6acd97b8df273","type":"api-call-service","z":"e069e388ee53bb12","name":"Send notification","server":"5aee1fd0.aab35","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"notify","service":"mobile_app_iphone","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"{\"title\":\"{{payload.attributes.title}} - Update available\",\"message\":\"New version: {{payload.attributes.latest_version}} \\nInstalled version: {{payload.attributes.installed_version}}\"}","dataType":"json","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":770,"y":460,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"e9b9604da1cf563c","type":"ha-get-entities","z":"e069e388ee53bb12","name":"all update entities","server":"5aee1fd0.aab35","version":0,"rules":[{"property":"entity_id","logic":"starts_with","value":"update.","valueType":"str"}],"output_type":"split","output_empty_results":false,"output_location_type":"msg","output_location":"payload","output_results_count":1,"x":250,"y":460,"wires":[["4a6e3cf7e70e7137"]]},{"id":"4a6e3cf7e70e7137","type":"switch","z":"e069e388ee53bb12","name":"update available?","property":"payload.state","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"on","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":1,"x":530,"y":460,"wires":[["dbc6acd97b8df273"]]},{"id":"5aee1fd0.aab35","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","addon":true}]

You are probably better off asking this on the HA forum in the NR section as there are few users of HA on here - and even less that would have the required nodes installed.

I have just looked at my setup and reading the help for the get-entities node it does not seem to support a wildcard

Craig

Thanks, I'll try it there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.