Using the node-red documented install script on RPi 3b but not getting the full node-red distribution installed

I used the node-red bash script documented here on a brand new Raspbian OS image for my Raspberry Pi 3b and the install went very smoothly. I didn't notice any error messages being thrown out. However, when accessing the server, I do not have the entire node-red functioning as it should. For example, I do not have any of the "dashboard" default flows on the left side, nor is there a dashboard tab in the top right (next to the debug tab and other things like that). Node-red tells me that I am running v1.3.4

Before reformatting this card, I had node-red running very well, and all the features were installed, but it wasn't installed as a service, and so I had to keep an SSH terminal open all the time if I wanted it to be "always on". Thus, I reflashed the Raspberry Pi SD card and started from scratch. I was hoping that using the documented node-red script would fix my issues, but my server is non-functional as of now because I can't access the dashboard or ui. I appreciate any help!

Welcome to Node-RED
===================
14 May 04:49:13 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.4
14 May 04:49:13 - [info] Node.js  version: v12.22.1
14 May 04:49:13 - [info] Linux 5.10.17-v7+ arm LE
14 May 04:49:15 - [info] Loading palette nodes
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Settings file  : /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/.node-red
14 May 04:49:21 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Flows file     : /home/pi/.node-red/flows_raspberrypi.json
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Creating new flow file
14 May 04:49:21 - [warn]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.
If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials
file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter
your credentials.
You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in
your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials
file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Starting flows
14 May 04:49:21 - [info] Started flows

Here is the startup log in case that is helpful.

Gosh I'm dumb, it's just a node I needed to install like an extension. Click on the settings --> palette --> install nodes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.