I have changed a Node-RED flow from horizontal direction to vertical direction.
Which does make easy to read ?
2. UI & API pattern
It became simple.
3. Timeout pattern
It became easy to trace flow.
SunSprite Calendar View web service
- Most downloads flow https://flows.nodered.org/flow/51cf4080f70cc875d10b
It became familiar look.
Which view does look simple and make easy to read?
I think verical flows look simple and make easy to read.
- Easy to read
- familiar look
- You can find the start point in quickly
- No horizontal scroll
- Space can be used efficiently
- You can draw flow without folding
- Comment node is easy to put sideways
How to use vertical flow
You can use vertical flow from my github repository
git clone -b vertical-view https://github.com/sakazuki/node-red.git cd node-red npm install npm run build npm run start
And go [Settings]-[View]-[Other] and checked [Veritcal flow] and reload a page.
- Recommend to set grid size with 10 to adjust horizontal position easily.
Could you add the option to switch flow direction between horizontal and vertical ?
This vertical view was released as the article of Node-RED Advent Calendar 2018 in Japan.
And many users welcome the article and recommended to propose it in main stream.