Web Relay Dual Control 8in/8out Ethernet RJ45

Hi, know nothing about Node red , but would like to get so you could control this relay via NodRed, send with some instructions ...

Relay on Ebay

On this forum they get it to work
Loxforum

Hello!

Im not expert but I had a quick look

Looks like there is 2 ways to control it.. with web or TCP port

You would need to use a http node or a TCP node to do it.. looks pretty simple

Did a quick flow for you.. this should open and close relay 1

Make sure you put the IP address of your board in the TCP node

[{"id":"8319a970.877298","type":"tcp out","z":"eb3d7fa.90ab38","host":"192.168.1.100","port":"1234","beserver":"client","base64":false,"end":true,"name":"","x":450,"y":700,"wires":[]},{"id":"ea489ab5.50ce68","type":"inject","z":"eb3d7fa.90ab38","name":"Open Relay","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"L1\\r\\n","payloadType":"str","x":170,"y":700,"wires":[["8319a970.877298"]]},{"id":"2fb813e6.d4939c","type":"inject","z":"eb3d7fa.90ab38","name":"Close Relay","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"D1\\r\\n","payloadType":"str","x":170,"y":740,"wires":[["8319a970.877298"]]}]

hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks, will test when I get home from work
//Baxe

One question only, the idea is that I will control this from my Home seer installation, have the connection ready in Node-Red to Home seer so I know it works, how do I do in Node-Red so that it will be right.

// Baxe

Hi Leftymuller it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to put a debug on virtual device to see what comes out of it.

Then you will need to put a change node in which will change that from its output to L1\n\r for ON and D1\n\r for OFF then it should all work as you wanted it

I get out this when I puch buttons from Homeseer on/off

2021-02-11 06:09:04node: ef12336f.a8582msg.payload : Object

{ ref: 4336, name: "Belysning Biorum", location: "Unknown", location2: "Virtual Device", value: 100 … }

2021-02-11 06:09:08node: ef12336f.a8582msg.payload : Object

{ ref: 4336, name: "Belysning Biorum", location: "Unknown", location2: "Virtual Device", value: 0 … }

Put a change node between your Homeseer and the TCP node and make it look like this

Note: your changing a number to a string

That should work.

Thanks testing when coming home :+1:

I'm really lousy at this :slight_smile:

I got this out when I did it the way you described, see also debug

sorry now i can see the debug properly..
I could be wrong (somebody correct me if i am)

do a function node and put this inside

msg.payload = msg.payload.value 
return msg;
1 Like

Thank you, can you show in more detail where to enter?

//Baxe

before the change node

Get this error.

Why are you putting the code in the function nodes ‘setup’ section and not in the ‘function’ section?

Good question, I know nothing about Node-red, but tested what you said and now it works :slight_smile:
Just a question web relay disconnects sometimes, is there any alternative so you can get it to connect before the code is sent?

Tanks

//Baxe

Sorry, I can't help you there. Maybe one of the other posters can.

the TCP port is timing out I would guess.

Change the properties of the TCP node to say "close every connection after message is sent"