What to use to play WAV files

I am looking for a node that can play WAV files on multiple operating systems (linux, windows, mac).
It would be good to have control over the volume too.
This is more complex than it seems, as it would be good to have the ability to configure it to play through the host operating system locally, and/or through the browser, when accessing node-red remotely via a dashboard. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks, Anthony

Hi,

It's actually very easy, "File in" and "audio out (ui_audio)"

Just add the extension of the file in "File in". I'm doing it on "Pi".

[{"id":"ee68c808.3b9f28","type":"file in","z":"1c1a514e.c8deff","name":"sound","filename":"/home/pi/Downloads/olg1hata.mp3","format":"","chunk":false,"sendError":false,"encoding":"none","x":1510,"y":1360,"wires":[["a6420abc.6b6f38"]]},{"id":"a6420abc.6b6f38","type":"ui_audio","z":"1c1a514e.c8deff","name":"","group":"d8da4e9.528a5b","voice":"fr-FR","always":true,"x":1640,"y":1360,"wires":[]},{"id":"d8da4e9.528a5b","type":"ui_group","name":"Genel Durum","tab":"74fda9d8.9a5188","order":2,"disp":true,"width":24,"collapse":false},{"id":"74fda9d8.9a5188","type":"ui_tab","name":"Test Merkezi","icon":"fa-cog","order":1,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

I don't think the audio out node has the option of playing on the server does it? It is browser only.

There are also quite a few nodes for playing audio (server side) on flows.nodered.org

Thanks for the suggestions, I have used them all, but to build a logic that copes with all circumstances (different operating systems, browsers, laptops, PDAs etc) is very complex, especially handling volume control as well. I'm thinking of a built-in node for sound that hides that complexity, attempts to determine the most suitable output mechanism, and is configurable by the end user, (headphone, speaker, HDMI, bluetooth speaker, browser etc). I think that would be most welcome. I believe Pulseaudio is becoming a standard, but programming such a node is beyond my abilities. It may be that we need two, one for browser output, and one for local server output. The browser ones do exist but I think still have issues, especially on PDA's, phones etc.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.