Working with more than one mqtt broker?

Hi,

I'm using the default built-in mqtt nodes. It works great with a single mqtt broker.

However, I have different buildings and each has its own local MQTT broker. Some of the messages should replicate between different mqtt brokers. So, I generated a flow which connects to one mqtt broker as a subscriber and to another broker as a publisher. The idea was simple enough.

Well, it seems the mqtt nodes can only use one broker at a time. So, when I setup the publisher node with another broker, all mqtt nodes start to use this broker (even the one that used a correct broker as a subscriber before)...

Am I missing something? Can we call it a bug? Is there a way to setup multiple mqtt brokers?

Thanks,
Klaus

The broker field in the Mqtt nodes is a select box. The bottom entry in that list is 'add new'. Select that option then click the pencil button. That will add a new broker-configuration node.

1 Like

Thanks again, knolleary....

You can automatically bridge mqtt servers (mosquitto at least) so that specified topics are automatically propagated to other servers. It is trivial to setup.
http://www.steves-internet-guide.com/mosquitto-bridge-configuration/

Agreed, Colin, however with Node Red I can manipulate messages while passing through...

Ah well, that wasn't in the system specification you defined earlier :slight_smile:

Indeed, my fault :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: