Xiaomi BLE node stopping Flows

Hi. I installed the Xiaomi BLE node but I keep on getting an error about my flows stopping. Here is a view of the log:

19 Jun 23:26:15 - [info] Starting flows
19 Jun 23:26:15 - [info] Started flows
19 Jun 23:26:15 - [info] [mqtt-broker:b1174131451e95c2] Connected to broker: mqtt://mosquitto:1883
20 Jun 00:58:06 - [info] Installing module: node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble, version: 1.3.3
20 Jun 00:59:07 - [info] Installed module: node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble
20 Jun 00:59:07 - [info] Added node types:
20 Jun 00:59:07 - [info] - node-red-contrib-xiaomi-ble:Xiaomi BLE : Error: EAFNOSUPPORT, Address family not supported by protocol
20 Jun 01:00:32 - [info] Stopping flows
20 Jun 01:00:32 - [info] Stopped flows
20 Jun 01:00:32 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
20 Jun 01:00:32 - [info] - Xiaomi BLE
20 Jun 01:00:58 - [info] Stopping flows
20 Jun 01:00:58 - [info] Stopped flows
20 Jun 01:00:58 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
20 Jun 01:00:58 - [info] - Xiaomi BLE
20 Jun 01:01:27 - [info] Stopping flows
20 Jun 01:01:27 - [info] Stopped flows
20 Jun 01:01:27 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
20 Jun 01:01:27 - [info] - Xiaomi BLE

Does it actually stop all your flows or is it just stopping the flow that contains the BLE node ?

You do know that there are a range of these BLE devices from XIaomi and that different ones have different encryption protocols (that keep evolving) so some of them may not be supported (depending on how new your nodes are)

Craig

I would also just add that i use the round XIAOMI temperature and humidity sensors and use an ESP32 to actually communicate with them - the ESP32 is flashed with Tasmota and then forwards the sensor info in through MQTT to my Node Red instance

Craig

I can't use nodered anymore when the flow is in. I have to remove the node for my nodered flows to start working again.

I use the square one. May have to do the same, i.e. have it publish to the mqtt broker first.

Which exact model do you have and which contrib node are you using ?

Craig

I'm using the Mi Temperature and Humidity Monitor 2, model LYWSD03MMC. What I've now done is to implement the communication with the device through a python script that then sends the data (temperature, humidity and battery level) to a mqtt broker. I use nodered to collect the message from the mqtt broker. The python script is from https://github.com/JsBergbau/MiTemperature2. Allows me to communicate with the device without having to flash it / replace the firmware.

1 Like

Right - i use an ESP32 with Tasmota on it as my BLE beacon monitor - sounds like you are using the onboard BLE of the Rpi - that was not going to work for me as i had a number of them spread around the house (and my NR runs on a Virtual machine not a PI !)

Craig

I'm using the asus bluetooth dongle bt400 for this application. I had to disable the onboard bluetooth of the rpi for another application where I use the serial port to capture readings from ammeters. The ble devices are indeed within the same room as the rpi, where I'm conducting some experiments.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.