Access to advanced Z-Wave properties with node-red-contrib-zwave-js

I'd like to know if there's any way to access to the advanced configuration properties offered by some Z-Wave devices using node-red-contrib-zwave-js.

In the ZWave JS panel, when you select a device, you see the typical command classes, including readings, information about the manufacturer, optional actuation options (setpoints, ON/OFF, etc.) and some basic configuration.

However, many devices allow you to configure for example a threshold to define how much the value of a sensor has to change to force a communication, and I don't see this in the plugin while I know it exists since I've seen it in Home Assistant, which also works on top of the Z-Wave JS library. Therefore, the fact that this information is not visible is not a restriction of the library. I don't know if there's some sort of database that filters which command classes are visible for each model or there's some advanced setting somewhere that allows you to have access to this stuff but it would be really helpful in certain cases.

Regards

Hi @Mamonetti,

The config options are defined in device config files.

And these are contributed by the community and other sources.

If you can provide documentation on the configuration CC options that are missing, we can get them added.

Raise the request here .

The CCs you see in the panel, is what ever has been advertised/interviewed by the driver/device

I’m in NYC this week, so can’t provide a quick fix

I'll see if I can do some search related to this but I think it's complicated considering how reluctant some manufacturers are when it comes to provide certain advanced documentation.

I remember having had access to this kind of additional stuff with some Aeotec devices as well as with a MCOHOME multisensor, but right now I'm interested in certain Popp thermostatic valves and I can tell by experience that Popp's support service could be better :sweat_smile:.

Anyway, this is not a critical issue, so enjoy your stay in NYC :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like

Ok, although it took a while, I got a response from the technical support service of the manufacturer.

All the detailed information is here.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.