Node-red-contrib-openzwave-am

I am running node-red-contrib-openzwave-am and it works ok.
Now I want to set parameters of z-wave components by using the full OpenZWave API. If I call
requestAllConfigParams nothing happens. However getNodeStatistics works because the response comes from the controller I suppose.
Setting parameters with setConfigParam seems not to work.
Has anybody setting parameters runing?
Any help very much appreciated.

I have not been able to request the parameters like this and for the setConfigParam neither.

If I want to change a value I use something like:

{
   topic:"setValue",
   payload:{nodeid: 2,cmdclass: 64,cmdidx: 0,value:"Heat"}}
}

The cmdclass, cmdidx, values for all nodes can be found in the xml (which in turn can be read by node-red as well).

Hi bakman2,
many thanks for your response! So i am not the only one who has problems with setConfigParam.
Actually I want to set a parameter to a certain value. nodeid, cmdclass and value is ok for me but how would you name parameter number which in my case is 37? Also would you please let me know which xml File you are looking for.

In my case i have an ozwcachexxxx.xml in the .node-red directory (which was created by the openzwave-am node)

If you do a more ozwcachezz.xml (whatever the filename is), you can find the values.
I found out that setting a parameter from value list requires the label values and not the actual values, don't understand why, but it works.

Example that I have in my file:

<CommandClass id="64" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE">
				<Compatibility />
				<State>
					<CCVersion>3</CCVersion>
					<InNif>true</InNif>
					<StaticRequests>0</StaticRequests>
				</State>
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="1" size="0">
	<Item label="Off" value="0" />
					<Item label="Heat" value="1" />
					<Item label="Heat Eco" value="11" />
					<Item label="Full Power" value="15" />
					<Item label="Manufacturer Specific" value="31" />
				</Value>

I can send the values shown in the previous post to change the values.
It can set all the values found in the file as long as you use the correct index number, cmdclass etc.

I also have received a EUROTronic Spirit Z-Wave Plus thermostat. With your help, I was able to get it running. Had the same problem with value and lable. Here my working Z-Wave command:

return {topic:"setValue", payload: {"nodeid":11, "cmdclass":64, "cmdidx":0, "instance":1, "value":"Heat", "label":"Mode"}}; 

But the original problem was my Aeotec Siren Gen5. I want to set sound and volume. It still does not work, but with your tip xml-file I hope to solve it.

Many thanks for your help!
Hannes

2 Likes