Alexa-home - alexa_ip is undefined

According to the documentation, the alexa-home node sends the IP address of the Echo device that initialized the message.
This can be found under msg.alexa_ip.

The problem in my case is that I never get an IP.
The value is always "undefined" - in any case, no matter if the message is triggered by a routine or directly by an echo device.

I use the latest version 2.0.0 of the node, but also with earlier versions I had no success.

Is there any special constellation that is necessary to fill the IP address correctly?

• What generation Echo are you using?
  • What version of NR and Node.js (you can get this from the start up log)
  • Which of the nodes are you using. the 'alexa - home' or the alexa - home - controler'?
  • what settings are you using in the node's?
  • Try adding a catch node connected to a debug node (set to display the complete msg object) in - the tab with the alexa node. Does anything show up in the debug log?
  • Are there any messages in the Node-red log?

Echo Dot 2, Echo Dot 3, Echo Dot 4, Echo Plus 2, Echo 2, Echo 3, Echo 4

Node-RED version: v2.2.2
Node.js version: v14.18.2
it's the official docker image nodered/node-red:latest which i start with the following docker-compose.yml:

version: '3.5'

services:
	node-red:
		image: nodered/node-red:latest
		user: root
		network_mode: "host"
		expose:
			- "80"
			- "1880"
			- "60000"
			- "3456"
			- "3457"
			- "4200"
		cap_add:
			- NET_ADMIN
		restart: unless-stopped
		volumes:
			- "./data:/data

both - the controller for basic settings and the other ones for interaction with Alexa.
Everything has also been working as it should for years - only the IP is not provided.

alexa-home-controller: Port = 80, MaxItems = 100, no "use node as webserver"
alexa-home: the device name and all the 3 types (mostly dimming)
As I said - everything works fine except for the IP.

Nothing is printed - no error is thrown.

Yes, of course - but none that I would somehow associate with the alexa-home IP issue.
The debug log on the web ui is empty.

Ok I'm ot going to be abe t help since I do not use docker and have no experience with it. Hopefully soeone else will be able to give you an idea or you could open an issue with the node-red-contrib-alexa-homes author on it's GitHub issuespage

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.