Alexa Remote2 event nodes not working (again)

Ignore my previous comment - my line 172 with applestrudel installed also already says connectType1() on line 172

I had a PEBKAC moment when first posted!

1 Like

My alexa-wsmqtt.js file already says this.connectType1() on line 172. However, it says this.connectType2() on line 174. Should both be this.connectType1()?

OK I made sure both applestrudel and fork nodes were uninstalled - I then re-installed applestrudel - edited the file - changed line 174 to read this.connectType1() - restarted NR and everything seems to work

By everything I mean

My On device Activity node outputs when I speak to Alexa

My Routine Custom node can be used to make a device speak

and my Routine Text Command node lets me send text to a device as if I'd spoken to it

2 Likes

THAT WORKS!!!! Thank you. My room-aware commands are working again!

2 Likes

Well, don't be so picky, line 172 and line 174 are in the same neighbourhood... :smile:
I've edited my first post to the right line number. Thanks

3 Likes

This should be incorporated into a new release soon.

1 Like

New version released

4 Likes

New version of applestrudel seems to work fine for me
i.e.

My On device Activity node outputs when I speak to Alexa

My Routine Custom node can be used to make a device speak

and my Routine Text Command node lets me send text to a device as if I'd spoken to it

1 Like

@einfach112 this could be the solution for your question regarding Alexa!?

I'm sorry to report that at least for me this is once again not working... :frowning:

I see you posted on the node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel issue. Are you still using node-red-contrib-alexa-remote-fork ?

If so I would suggest swapping back to node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel

$ cd .node-red/
$ npm remove node-red-contrib-alexa-remote-fork
$ npm  install node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel

I just double checked and it still works OK for me, so I doubt it's a problem with the node.

No, I'm using node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel v5.0.34 with connection type 1 (also tried with type 2).
Did you restart NodeRed to see if the node is still working?

Just to check, I've restarted NR again and after initialisation, applestrudel v5.0.34 is definitely working for me

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.