[Announce] node-red-contrib-opc-da

This we cannot promise in a short term.
This protocol development was sponsored by one of our Customers here in Brazil and he is interested in the reading process only.
The "out" node is not even in the road map at the moment, so the only way is to wait for the community to help us, which is very welcome since it's an open source project.

Well OK then. :sob:

Boa tarde, Tiago, teria algum guia de como usar este node? Baixei aqui, porem apenas adicionou um node mesmo do pacote...

Português:
Olá Willian, vou responder em português e em inglês, porém acho melhor mantermos a comunicação em somente em inglês, pois assim mantemos a comunidade integrada, e caso alguém tenha a mesma dúvida no futuro, consiga facilmente encontrar a resposta aqui. O guia de uso do nó está na página que postei no inicio desse tópico: node-red-contrib-opc-da.
Basciamente o que você precisa fazer é configurar o endereço IP e credenciais da máquina que possui OPC-DA e em seguida clicar em "Test and get Items" para escolher as variáveis a serem coletadas.

Enlgish:
Hi Willian, I'll answer your question in Portuguese and in English, but I strongly recommend you to use English only in this forum, so that in case someone has the same question in the future, it will be much easier to find the answer here.
The User guide is posted in the link that I mentioned in the beginning of this topic: node-red-contrib-opc-da.
Basically you have to configure the IP address and the credentials of the OPC-DA machine and then click on "Test and get Items" to see the variables.

2 Likes

Okay, Thankyou, It will help me!! I will put this in english now. Have a good day Tiago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello I am having trouble using it.

Can anyone knows what is my issue with my config?
I am running it on Windows 10 OS, with lates Nodejs version.

Hi guys,

I am facing an issue and I could not solve it.

I am currently using the OPC DA node with RSLInx and it works fine. But after few hours the node status changes from online to unknown and it stops communicating .

If I press "Restart Flows" or "Deploy" it starts to communicate again.

Have you seen that problem?

Can you specify what is your environment (windows versions, node-red version, node version...) and also your flow?

Hi Tiago,

It's a Ubuntu 18.04, Node-red V1.0.4 running under Docker.

OPD DA node version 1.0.3.

My flow is quite simple, it is a OPC DA node which reads from an OPC DA Server and stores its value into a variable. This variable is uploadad to influxDB every 10 seconds.

Do you need the .json?

What about the Windows Version of the OPC-DA server, do you know which version is it?
Would be also great if you could post the flow here.

Its a Win XP SP3 running RSLinx Classic V2.57. But I also tried on a Win 7 running RSLinx Classis latest version.

You will find attached a sample of the flow.

flows (1).json (3.5 KB)

I got also these errors:

We have a few installations running OPC-DA and we don't have this problem. I saw your flow and seems pretty normal.
I think the only way to help you is to go a bit deeper and collect some tcpdumps (using wireshark), can you do that?

Thanks for your reply Tiago.

Yes of course. I can set up a sniffer using wireshark when the problem occurs.

Hello friends

Thank you very much for this development.

I have a problem, I need to connect the OPC-DA Node with a Siemens spectrum power OPC server that runs under windows server 2012, what is the CLSID of that server, I don't know, please help.

Scada: Spectrum power 5

OPC DA server

Operating System: Windoes server 2012

The error displayed is: "2147746132 - The given Clsid is not registered on the server"

Please do not know which Clsid to place

Check if it helps you:

What about connecting to a local OPC server which is part of a Workgroup instead of a domain? What should I type as the domain input? Or must I switch to using a domain instead of a workgroup in order to get this working? I have no idea what possible consequences this might have on other applications running on the server though.

Regarding the domain, it is actually not required if you don't have any domain set at the server side, so you can simply type "Workgroup" as domain, or maybe ".", Windows will simply ignore it if it's not required.

1 Like

Hello,

First of all, good job!

I've test with SIMATIC NET OPC DA server and it worked with your node. :grinning:

Now I am testing it for the final application with AMS OPC DA server and I have some problems.

As you can see in the image below, I am connect to local AMS OPC DA server successfully with OPC expert.

I am able to get the Clsid from it and to get the URL too.

Thing is I am not able to get any items when I use the node. :cry:

I tried the IP address of the network card and "localhost" instead of the "HFW7/AMS.OPCServer.1" OPC expert is suggesting me and nothing works..

Anyone can give me help please? @machadotiago

OPC expert can be a gateway from DA to UA but the license cost is out of this project budget.

Best regards,
HugoD

Hi Tiago.

I have set 2 RSLinx OPC servers to communicate with Node-red using opc-da node, one running on Win XP and other on Win10.

I have set DCOM permissions to enable access from NodeRed.

Windows XP works fine, but I cannot get online in NodeRed with the OPC server running on Windows 10.

Do you have any guess?