[Announce] node-red-contrib-ui-value-trail

Little addition to dashboard widgets. Lightweight history line to be presented near some measured value field or gauge.

12 Likes

Sparklines!!! Thank you!!

1 Like

Nice widget. Very useful.

being really picky :slight_smile: could the height of the Line colour row be fixed so it doesn't bounce when the colour chooser gets added ?
Also the number of units could be a spinner to help force max and min.
Finally the use of the pre in info make the text spill off the side

But yes - like it, using it.

1 Like

Thank you @dceejay. I will work on those details next week. There is more. Some typos and stuff. But glad to hear it turned out useful thing over all. :upside_down_face:

And a little request @dceejay for you, can you please add it also to the collection of dashboard extra nodes https://flows.nodered.org/collection/590bc13ff3a5f005c7d2189bbb563976

1 Like

Update: v0.1.3

• Added option to change width of the line (feature request)

• fixed position calculations to fill whole area correctly

Is there an ability to format layout? In you screenshots, you have a couple different layout styles. Changing widget size had no impact for me. Also you show both a label and a unit measurement in your screenshots. Unit of measure appears for me but the name does not. Great UI control. Just hope there’s a way to tweak the layout.

Those different layouts are just combined usage with regular ui-text node. That's the widget was made for. The widget is not meant to be standalone indicator, but as addon for text or gauge. To show value on top of the line was just later addition. And yes it misses the unit field if that configuration is in use. But for the label, there's no plans to implement anything.

1 Like

Gotcha ... makes total sense. Thanks for the reply and the contribution.