Define steps of y axis

Hi all
I use node red dashboard 2.0 and created a chart. The values given for y are only either 1 or 0, but in my dashboard it automatically creates steps between, e.g. 0,5; 1; 1,5; 2. Is there a possibility to define which values the y axis should show?
It's nothing important, just a cosmetic issue.
I saw some posts regarding this but they were more than 2 years old.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @mikahaller - thanks for the question (and welcome to the community forum). We don't have any options for this currently unfortunately, but do welcome Feature Requests on our GitHub Repository.

@joepavitt thanks for your answer! i just saw today that there is a function ui-state-trail for dashboard 1.0
as i want to display whether the input is 1 or 0 (i already created a change node to convert to true and false) this ui-state-trail would be perfect
do you (or anyone else) know whether this function already exists for dashboard-2?

It's not been built as a third-party node (that I'm aware of) - but you can use the v-sparkline in a ui-template which we support out of the box: Sparklines — Vuetify

Why haven't I made a state trail prototype or widget for DB2?

Even the DB1 version wasn't perfect. If the duration of the state compared to the entire measured period is shorter than it is possible to render, the state becomes invisible.

DB2 makes this situation even more complicated because the container the widget must live inside is responsive. Which means even more states may be lost. There is no good solution here. just as that design is a bit weak.

I do have some ideas on how to present such a history of state changes, but developing it will take more time than I have at the moment.

I tried using it but i didn't come to a nice, not even a useful, output. I only use basic functions in node red and have no exp with javascript unfortunately.
But still thanks for the advice!

What a pity, would be perfect to have it
I'll open a new topic just asking what's the best way to show productivity (1/0 or True/False) of an input. Thanks for your answer!

Please link me to the thread once you have it opened - I'd be interested in playing with some ideas on this too as you won't be alone in needing something like this

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.