App.min.js:148 TypeError: Cannot read property 'themeState' of undefined

Somehow seems to me related. I have seen same error by just creating new dashboard from scratch. Happened when starting creation with custom ui widget. Somehow it is possible to configure and deploy in the way that ui_base configuration is not created and then you fall exactly to same trap. The way to recover is to remove all the dashboard related stuff including configs and restart node-red and do it again. Does not happen when you start with regular ui widget.

1 Like

Hi,
I've been tinkering with node red for some time now(mainly as a pi setup) and recently discovered that I can run node red with my own app with express js. Which is exactly what I wanted as being a web developer, I want to handle my own way of authenticating. So following the documentation, I've managed to set up an express app that serves the admin and ui section. Now when I hit the UI route on the browser, I get the same errors as mentioned above. Not sure if this is an issue created by me or a known bug. I've got a feeling it could be the way it's been setup using express.

Any help would be great! :slight_smile:

P.s. I made sure it was a fresh install and also tried what @hotNipi recommended.

Thanks

Dave, I've been running this installation from dashboard master clone for 3 weeks now (it was at the time V2.22.2-beta) without issue.

Today I tried updating it to latest in NPM (V2.23.0) (and also updated to latest ui-table 0.3.4) and i got some curious issues - only one page was showing (should have been about 6 tabs) and the sidebar was blank. I did look in the devtools console and there was no obvious errors like before.

As I needed this up and running ASAP, I uninstalled the npm version of dashboard and re-installed (from the local clone 2.22.2-beta) and its all working once more.

Sorry I dont have more info for you but wondered if the modification that you did in the 2.22.2-beta (where its playing nicely), made its way into 2.23.0 release version?

(The next 2 weeks are busy for me but I will try again later if I can - see if I can spot anything to report back)

node-red: v1.1.2
node v12
ui nodes: dashboard, ui-table, ui-svg installed only

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.