Background image. New problem/question

(I know I've been down this road before, but. . . .)

Ok, I thought I had it nutted out, but it isn't working.

Are spaces allowed in the name of the tab?

The reason I ask is that one RPI has tabs with spaces in the tab (group?) names and the background pattern/picture works.

This one group on this page isn't playing by the same rules.

Example:

Good working on another machine.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:
(The problem child.)

If I change the name of the group to EVENT_messages (Note the _) the picture is there.

Ok. Any thoughts?

(ok, the picture with the _ in the name to show I am not telling porkies.)

NR 0.20.5
Dashboard 2.15.4

(ooops)

Ok, I see the slight difference.

I am mixing group names with tab names.

Anyway, the question stands: Can I have spaces in the names as shown here?

Yes

Thanks. So thoughts on what is going on why it isn't playing the game here?

I'm guessing you're setting something transparent but using the wrong name.

Na. I don't understand what you mean.

Sorry. (Working on it ITMT though.)

It is clearly (no pun intended) doing the right thing if I name it with the _.

All I do is change the _ to a space, edit the node setting the background image and deploy.

This is the code in the node:

[{"id":"86256a5e.39abf8","type":"ui_template","z":"bda04762.5a2918","group":"226ab9cd.d5189e","name":"Picture Machine health","order":7,"width":"1","height":"1","format":"<style>\n    body {\n        background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_6.jpg\");\n        background-repeat: repeat;\n    }\n    #Events_UPLINK {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_SOM {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_WAP {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_IFF {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_EVENT_messages {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n </style>\n","storeOutMessages":true,"fwdInMessages":true,"templateScope":"global","x":1700,"y":120,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"226ab9cd.d5189e","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"UPLINK","tab":"870f8bb5.bac21","order":4,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"870f8bb5.bac21","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Events","icon":"format_list_bulleted","order":16,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

Didn't mean to seem like I deserted this thread.

I am still not getting it all.

As it is cosmetic, I shall put it down the queue of things needing done.

Where is the rest of your code: where you actually set the text ?

This node sets the text:

[{"id":"7e1e71f3.c4542","type":"ui_template","z":"4e551e33.3cfb7","group":"226ab9cd.d5189e","name":"Picture Machine health","order":8,"width":"1","height":"1","format":"<style>\n    body {\n        background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_6.jpg\");\n        background-repeat: repeat;\n    }\n    #Events_UPLINK {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_Modem {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_SOM {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_WAP {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_IFF {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_EVENT_messages {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n </style>\n","storeOutMessages":true,"fwdInMessages":true,"templateScope":"global","x":1970,"y":90,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"226ab9cd.d5189e","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"UPLINK","tab":"870f8bb5.bac21","order":4,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"870f8bb5.bac21","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Events","icon":"format_list_bulleted","order":16,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

I don't know what else to post, sorry.

I know you asked:

But how much of the "rest" do you want?

It only sets css to the head ?

Yeah, if you say.

I did it that way to get the results I wanted.

metal_6.jpg is the bigger background.
metal_7.jpg is the finer background.

In the node I posted:

}
    #Events_UPLINK {
    background-image: url("/Pictures/metal_7.jpg");
    }

That sets the background (metal_7) in the UPLINK section.

If I rename it to UP LINK and do all the relevant editing, it fails.

I am missing where you are actually setting "EVENT messages"

Oh. That is a whole other flow.
All messages to UPLINK SOM WAP IFF and EVENT_messages are created on big flows.
They work.

This is an example of what the dashboard looks like when I have a name with a space in it:
Modem Uplink being the one.
(depricated) - well I haven't bothered editing the node to put the background in/on it.

This is the node code now:

[{"id":"7e1e71f3.c4542","type":"ui_template","z":"4e551e33.3cfb7","group":"226ab9cd.d5189e","name":"Picture Machine health","order":8,"width":"1","height":"1","format":"<style>\n    body {\n        background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_6.jpg\");\n        background-repeat: repeat;\n    }\n    #Events_UPLINK {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_Modem Uplink {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_SOM {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_WAP {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_IFF {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n    #Events_EVENT_messages {\n    background-image: url(\"/Pictures/metal_7.jpg\");\n    }\n </style>\n","storeOutMessages":true,"fwdInMessages":true,"templateScope":"global","x":1970,"y":90,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"226ab9cd.d5189e","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"Modem Uplink","tab":"870f8bb5.bac21","order":4,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"870f8bb5.bac21","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Events","icon":"format_list_bulleted","order":16,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

This is a better picture showing the area. Note the arrows to where the missing pattern is,

I'm away from my laptop so I cannot check, but this sounds like the group DOM element's id attribute is being set from the group's name without any sanitising of invalid characters for an id attribute - ie the space.

If that's the case it is a bug in dashboard and not something you can fix in your flow. The workaround is not using spaces in the names.

(I got bored)

I renamed the "group" to Modem_Uplink and edited the node text to suite.

This is what I get.
The pattern is shown.

NR 0.20.5
Dashboard 2.15.4