Barcode Scanner input

Can you please share more what kind of text input?

I used dashboard text input but i don't get anything out of it?
Am i missing something of that configuration ?

In that case if you deploy a dashboard text input node, switch to the dashboard page in the browser, click on the text node (that is very important) and do the scan, then the text should appear there. If it doesn't then hit a key on the keyboard and check the key you entered appears on the display, then try scanning again.

Thanks @Colin, It is working. showing me on screen but what i want is every scan payload.
My application is i want to capture image and save a file name with it's barcode name.

Right now I'm just see the values of barcode on dashboard.

How can i get the values of every individual scan so that i can save every image with its name.

Okay I get it.
In this case you want to automatically focus the cursor to text input everytime the scan is finished.
I actually didnit before but not using Text input, I used UI template and create a basic HTML text input there.

Can you guide me through that?
What will be the HTML part of that template node?

What do you mean by capture image? Do you mean you want the barcode scanner to send, fo example, a jpeg picture of the barcode? Or simply the machine-readable value of the barcode? And what do you mean by "with itsname?"

Hi @Kenmazing , I mean i have camera module which will capture image of object, and the barcode scanner for the scanning the barcode on the object.

after scan it's value will be the image name like (barcode_value.jpeg)

If anyone is still interested in this I have forked node-red-contrib-usbhid into this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-usbhid-reader

Follow the instructions on readme and you will be able to parse the data from your HID device

Hello,

Can you please suggest a method to read barcode data from scanner connected to Ethernet (Network)?

Good Morning,
May I ask by what means you have the data to come into Node-RED? Also, what brand of barcode scanner and what protocol you intend to use?

Or, are you asking in general how to get data from the scanner? and what nodes to use etc.?

Kind Regards,
@tree-frog

Very Good Morning !!!

Thanks for quick response.

I am asking in general, how to read the barcode data from Scanner connected through ethernet network. If you can share the method and nodes to be used, that would be great.

And, if you have sample flow please share it here.

Best Regards,
@thms_murthy

In order to get you where you need to be, I need some detail on your scanner. What brand is it and how do you have it configured to "report" data? Any info would help minimize the back-and-forth.

@tree-frog

Scanner is not available for the moment. Placed an order for 1 unit of Zebra LI3678 and EA3600 (ethernet module). I would like to read the scanned data using node-red.

import this text into a new flow. It is very simple. Cognex is the brand of the scanner, it uses telnet port 23 to communicate. you probably can enable the telnet port for this purpose. Otherwise you'll need to know the port address as well as your IP address.

Your scanner may differ. It sounds like you have some kind of hand-held item. You'll need to go through the configuration to get it to do what you want. I suggest a good go at reading the setup software guide. They are easy once you get going.

In the example I included, the scanner has the 'String Commands' "+" and "-" basically accepts these to triggers. This is remote triggering. For your purpose, pull the trigger. You'll only need the top portion to listen on the port you have. The "String" node is just a value filter to trim-right any non-printable code from the output. (carriage return/line feed) /r/n etc.

Enjoy :grinning:

[{"id":"3e94d37a.b66c9c","type":"tcp out","z":"9a8046ff.f923d","host":"192.168.75.25","port":"23","beserver":"client","base64":false,"end":true,"name":"Cognex 192.168.75.25","x":530,"y":260,"wires":[]},{"id":"2540ac49.f65e24","type":"inject","z":"9a8046ff.f923d","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"+","payloadType":"str","x":150,"y":240,"wires":[["3e94d37a.b66c9c"]]},{"id":"24eef49a.e8d5c4","type":"tcp in","z":"9a8046ff.f923d","name":"Cognex 192.168.75.25","server":"client","host":"192.168.75.25","port":"23","datamode":"stream","datatype":"utf8","newline":"\\n","topic":"","base64":false,"x":180,"y":100,"wires":[["d086b8a.70032c8"]]},{"id":"16acc33f.518ded","type":"debug","z":"9a8046ff.f923d","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":true,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","statusVal":"payload","statusType":"auto","x":570,"y":100,"wires":[]},{"id":"d086b8a.70032c8","type":"string","z":"9a8046ff.f923d","name":"","methods":[{"name":"trimRight","params":[]}],"prop":"payload","propout":"payload","object":"msg","objectout":"msg","x":410,"y":100,"wires":[["16acc33f.518ded"]]},{"id":"5c8e4a1b.21044c","type":"inject","z":"9a8046ff.f923d","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"-","payloadType":"str","x":150,"y":280,"wires":[["3e94d37a.b66c9c"]]}]

That's really good !!!

First flow is important to listen to Port on Device IP address and take the stream as result !!!

Thanks for help !!!

Best regards,
@thms_murthy