Bigtimer - Days and month

Hey!
Since the documentation for bigtimer is very limited I have a question why my settings wont work.

I want Bigtimer to turn on/off the christmas tree when its between 11th of december - 10th of january. Possible?
This is my config that dont work. It still of today keep sending on / off so the dates isnt working.

Use cron-plus node-red-contrib-cron-plus (node) - Node-RED. It is the exact opposite. Very good documentation!
And doing what you want is very easy.

1 Like

Peter Scargill the author of BigTimer is enhancing it on an ongoing basis - if you have questions he has recently stated on his blog he will not be looking here on a regular basis.

He has said to post the question on his blog posts that relate to Bigtimer.

Do a search for Peter Scargill Blog - you will find it easily

Craig

How do I configure the cron-plus to send on 06:00/off 23:00 every day for 11th of december to 10th of january?

Fiddled with it but cant grasp it.

Something like that:

[{"id":"fc71f603.4322c8","type":"cronplus","z":"89990f99.a6d4e","name":"","outputField":"payload","timeZone":"","persistDynamic":false,"commandResponseMsgOutput":"output1","outputs":1,"options":[{"name":"schedule1","topic":"schedule1","payloadType":"str","payload":"On","expressionType":"cron","expression":"0 0 6 11-31 12 * *","location":"","offset":"0","solarType":"all","solarEvents":"sunrise,sunset"},{"name":"schedule2","topic":"schedule2","payloadType":"str","payload":"Off","expressionType":"cron","expression":"0 0 23 11-31 12 * *","location":"","offset":"0","solarType":"all","solarEvents":"sunrise,sunset"},{"name":"schedule3","topic":"schedule3","payloadType":"str","payload":"On","expressionType":"cron","expression":"0 0 6 1-10 1 * *","location":"","offset":"0","solarType":"all","solarEvents":"sunrise,sunset"},{"name":"schedule4","topic":"schedule4","payloadType":"str","payload":"Off","expressionType":"cron","expression":"0 0 23 1-10 1 * *","location":"","offset":"0","solarType":"all","solarEvents":"sunrise,sunset"}],"x":290,"y":2020,"wires":[[]]}]

I guess using some tricks you can reduce the number of schedule at the expense of it being less readable. So, repeat but simple.

Thanks!

Missed how I could add several days in a month!

A list is with comma and a range with -

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.