Bug report - Link nodes

I am messing around with link nodes.

I have buttons and a lot of inter-button connections.

(Sorry I goofed with the screen shots.)

First one you can see the nodes with the links.
I delete the one indicated. (Cropped picture)
When deleted, the nodes show as changed but the deploy is not active. (Bigger picture)

Screenshot%20from%202019-10-13%2022-50-32

Bug?

It wouldn't hurt to file bug report.

(Wearing appropriate P.P.E.)

How do I do that?

I can't see a "bug report" when posting a new thread.

You could do that or most people report the bug as a GitHub issue. https://github.com/node-red/node-red/issues

1 Like

If you do open a bug report, please add a link here. For the sake of completeness.:nerd_face:

This was fixed in 1.0

Thanks @knolleary.

I just wasn't sure and wanted to check. I saw other bugs with the link node before.

I guess I have to live with it until I update. Though people here have advised me not to update.
I'm still not sure what to do.

You have two choices:

1. setup a test environment and try all or parts of your flows you are unsure about
  2. if you're courageous, npm i node-red@1 and restart Node-RED :see_no_evil:

I would choose 1.

Well - definitely don't do 2 - if you do want to upgrade follow the proper install/upgrade instructions.

1 Like

I am actually running several instances of Node-RED on my server, each implementing different parts of my system, including instances for testing new flows or features.
That comes in very handy during upgrades, because I am able to upgrade them separately to a new version. E.g., I kept one instance still running 0.20.8, while all others run on 1.0.1 now.