Button texts don't show occasionally / go missing

Hi,

I use the buttons for several of my lights. In the dashboard page they show up and functionally work, so icons, messages received and sent do work, however occastionally, the button texts don't show.

Example what they should look like:

Example what I see when the issue manifests:

I can trigger the issue always by moving to another flow, and then come back to the flow with the buttons.
I can solve the issue by refreshing the page with F5.
Sometimes it happens when the dashboard is first loaded, but not always.

This happens on Windows and Android 8 + 10
This happens when using Chrome, Edge and Fully Kiosk Browser

I am using node-red dashboard 2.23.4

I had also reported this here: Weird issue: Button Texts go missing but I was asked to create a new post.

My code:

[{"id":"d2393ce2.1da33","type":"ui_button","z":"9235bbe0.d90a78","name":"Bookshelf","group":"e460e8a.9aac518","order":3,"width":3,"height":1,"passthru":false,"label":"Bookshelf","tooltip":"","color":"#FFFFFF","bgcolor":"{{color}}","icon":"fa-power-off","payload":"state","payloadType":"flow","topic":"homie/homeypro/light-book-shelf/onoff/set","x":701,"y":1120,"wires":[["3d0e4074.ce98e"]]},{"id":"4c3f2b7f.da9794","type":"function","z":"9235bbe0.d90a78","name":"State2Color","func":"if (msg.payload === \"true\"){\n    msg.color = \"#FFAA00\";    \n    flow.set(\"state\", \"false\");\n}\nelse {\n    msg.color = \"#44AAFF\";\n    flow.set(\"state\", \"true\");\n    }\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","x":490,"y":1120,"wires":[["d2393ce2.1da33"]]},{"id":"e460e8a.9aac518","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"Verlichting Woonkamer","tab":"231f8919.1c14b6","order":3,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":true},{"id":"231f8919.1c14b6","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Home","icon":"dashboard","order":1,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

seems to be an interaction with your choice of property name :-)... the name "color" seems to upset it.. - so the workaround seems to be to pick another variable name for now...

I have changed the msg.color property to another name and the problem does not appear anymore. Although a workaround, this works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.