Can't change dashboard theme after flow import?

QUESTION: How does an imported flow json file over ride my THEME setting in the editor?
And how can I change it back?

I am running:

3 Jan 12:56:03 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.2.6
3 Jan 12:56:03 - [info] Node.js version: v10.23.0
3 Jan 12:56:03 - [info] Linux 5.4.79-v7+ arm LE
3 Jan 12:56:04 - [info] Loading palette nodes
3 Jan 12:56:07 - [info] Dashboard version 2.26.1 started at /ui

My main (previous/existing) flow uses the dark theme, black page background with a blue/green title bar at top. This is set by the editor/dashboard/theme tab. It works fine, page background black.
I am somewhat of a newbie with node red, but do have several tabs on my flows and they all work.

When I imported someone else's flow today, adding a few more tabs to my editor, the browser UI page background for my flow became white (my application dashboard, not the editor), even though the editor/dashboard/theme tab still said Style DARK colour green/blue (do you call that tiel?).

I inspected all 6 tabs of the imported flow and could not find template nodes with CSS.
I am not sure what else to look for.
So importing this multiple tab flow json file to the editor also over-rides my dark theme for MY tabs, ALL tabs. Also, the editor/dashboard/THEME tab has no effect at all, until I delete the imported flow.

I studied the imported json file in an editor, and I did find a theme section. But once imported, I can't
find where those settings are placed and how they are controlling things. The imported json file
contained the following sub-section for theme;

{
"id": "eb3f82ce.68177",
"type": "ui_base",
"theme": {
"name": "theme-light",
"lightTheme": {
"default": "#0094CE",
"baseColor": "#0094CE",
"baseFont": "-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,Segoe UI,Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,Helvetica Neue,sans-serif",
"edited": true,
"reset": false
},
"darkTheme": {
"default": "#097479",
"baseColor": "#097479",
"baseFont": "-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,Segoe UI,Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,Helvetica Neue,sans-serif",
"edited": false
},
"customTheme": {
"name": "Untitled Theme 1",
"default": "#4B7930",
"baseColor": "#4B7930",
"baseFont": "-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,Segoe UI,Roboto,Oxygen-Sans,Ubuntu,Cantarell,Helvetica Neue,sans-serif"
},
"themeState": {
"base-color": {
"default": "#0094CE",
"value": "#0094CE",
"edited": false
},

So it looks like the above flow json file was created on an apple system? I am running windows 10.
Not sure if that matters. I would think my node red editor THEME section would still control that?
Do I need to learn to edit the JSON file BEFORE importing, or is there some place, after import, inside the node red editor where I can find and change these theme settings?

I did try editing the default and value in the json file for themeState, before importing, and that did nothing.

Sincere Thanks for any pointers or mentoring, since google did not help me this time.

Cheers,

Neal

Well, I really hate answering my own question, but here goes;

Since no one responded, I kept grinding away at google and exploring the editor tabs and buttons. I discovered approx 30 unused config nodes (apparently from importing many other peoples flows while learning node red, then later deleting the flow tabs in the editor. There were, left over, 29 unused config nodes. When I deleted all of those, the THEME went back to normal, and DARK THEME is working again.

Who woulda' thunk! I can only guess that some of those unused and hiding config nodes might have had syle and CSS code in them?

Anyway, problem solved.
(Is it improper to thank myself? :slight_smile: )

Happy New Year.

Neal

2 Likes

Each time you deploy the deployed popup should include a warning (and a link) if you have unused configuration nodes.

You only gave 3hrs! This is a global discussion forum not a real-time support helpline :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.