Can't get NodeRED running alongside HOOBS - despite it seemingly installing correctly

Hi,

I've setting up Homebridge for a pal of mine. He's got a RPi 4 running latest version of HOOBS. They helpfully provide an install script to run to install NodeRED to run alongside it. Installed it and it confirmed it was done successfully and I could access at hoobs.local:1880 (or :1880). I've rebooted the Pi a few times after install to see if it would help but, so far, nothing has. Basically, I cannot access NodeRED!

If I do hoobs.local:1880 the progress bar hangs and nothing happens. If I try the IP address route I get a screen telling me it's unable to connect to the server.

As a side note, I have my own HOOBs and NodeRED installations running (albeit on individual RPi 3's) and I can connect to NodeRED via IP address:1880 route. I presume there is no conflict happening because of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't understand, first you say you could access it, then you say you can't. Please explain in more detail what the problem is.

Hi,

I've setting up Homebridge for a pal of mine. He's got a RPi 4 running latest version of HOOBS. They helpfully provide an install script to run to install NodeRED to run alongside it. Installed it and it confirmed it was done successfully and I could access at hoobs.local:1880 (or :1880). I've rebooted the Pi a few times after install to see if it would help but, so far, nothing has. Basically, I cannot access NodeRED!

If I do hoobs.local:1880 the progress bar hangs and nothing happens. If I try the IP address route I get a screen telling me it's unable to connect to the server.

As a side note, I have my own HOOBs and NodeRED installations running (albeit on individual RPi 3's) and I can connect to NodeRED via IP address:1880 route. I presume there is no conflict happening because of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated https://getappvalley.com/
Having actioned the suggested remedies I can confirm as the original poster did that it didn’t fix my issue. Any suggestions factoring in this would be appreciated.

Why have you posted your original message again after saying it was solved, or is the forum doing strange things?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.