Communicate with OMRON PLC using peripheral port? (USB B type)

Hello, Good day!
I want to ask if possible to use peripheral port(USB type B) as communication to read and write data in PLC? I have this CJ2M CPU11 PLC, the ports available are 1 RS232C (connected to HMI) and 1 peripheral port.
I have raspi3 connected to peripheral port and un-till now I cant get any data(serial port node).

please help me!

If you have an ETN21 or EIP21 card you can easily access data over Ethernet/FINS with node-red-contrib-omron-fins

If not, hold tight a few days as I am updating node-red-contrib-omron-fins to aid communication with hostlink/serial protocols

Hi steve-Mcl, thank you for your response,
No RS232, no Rs485 , no Ethernet port. Only peripheral port is available.
I just want to ask if I can use hostlink/serial protocols with peripheral port using USB B type cable.
currently I am trying to get data using serial port node and omronplc node. but still no luck..

hi steve-Mcl, one question, if I can able to read/write data from/to HMI? is there protocol for that sir?
please response.

thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Vanj I have added a beta version of node-red-contrib-omron-fins which includes c-mode nodes.

To install...

cd ~/.node-red
npm i node-red-contrib-omron-fins@1.0.0-beta-0

I dont have access to a peripheral / hostlink cable or PLC to test so would be grateful if you could test it and feedback. Ask here if you have questions on usage.