Completely uninstall node-red and install v 1.0.6

Hi everyone,

I am trying to uninstall the current version of node-red completely and then install v1.0.6 because I need it for a module.

This is the module I need:

It doesn't seem to work on 1.1.3 since I can't find it in the palette manager and manually installing via npm didn't work either.

Can anyone help me to completely uninstall node red (including all configs, etc.) on ubuntu server 20.04?

Thank you so much!

Hi @daniel.phillips

there is no reason to downgrade your Node-RED.

There is an open issue against that module that explains why it doesn't show up via the Palette Manager - https://github.com/Luidog/node-red-contrib-filemaker/issues/38

You should still be able to manually install it - you say that didn't work. How exactly did you try to install it? What directory did you run the npm install command in? Did you restart Node-RED after running the install?

1 Like

I was in ~/.node-red and ran sudo npm install --save node-red-contrib-filemaker

Rebooted the server and the FileMaker nodes don't install.

On my 1.0.6 server that I have on another machine it worked fine.

Here is what I'm doing to install it:

And that appears to be a successful installation. Any errors in the log when you start Node-RED?

1 Like

Did you notice that @daniel.phillips used sudo for the install?

1 Like

Not that I'm aware of, but I don't see it start since it's starting automatically when the server is.

Here's what happens when I try to start node red while it's already running:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.