Write a sample script following the Readme from the library, see the link in the first post. Then set it up to run as script in your package.json file and execute it: https://docs.npmjs.com/cli/run-script
Okay, humour me for a while. I can’t find the answer on google, but is this model from Panasonic’s Viera powered smart TV series, or is it running something else? I can’t find it in any of the Viera lists, nor can I find any references to Viera on this model. The thing is, this script, and the control for it, is specifically for Panasonic TVs in the Viera series.
But since in the previous message the headers show Panasonic/Viera as server, I’m expecting it to run Viera.
While searching, I found another usage with that library that sets up a local server to connect/control the TV. The point isn’t to have it replace your NR setup, just to see if things work in the first place. I also found a python library to connect with it that mentions that the newer models come with authentication and that you should request the TV for a key/password first. Considering the script posted in the first post is about 6 years old, and your TV is not, can you take a look at this link?
For the newest models, including one similar to yours there’s currently a connection/authentication issue, but reading that code it sounds doable to create a node for it.
That a great find, and as my Panasonic model is an ‘ FZ ‘ which is specially mentioned , that makes sense why it has not been working for me..
Interestingly the volume command (via the old Viera node/module) does still work on these new TVs, it’s the only thing that does; - and based on what you found it seems they’ve restricted the use of the other controls/commands.
I’ve been trying to get this to work, but python is just not my thing; however on a positive note that issue you shared mentioned (@ ngws commented on 28 Mar ) having success with my make/model of tv, which is awesome.
@nodecentral@bakman2 as you both have panasonic TVs, one with encryption and one without, can both of you do me a favour? I'm porting the python code, but I don't have any of the XML/SOAP inputs this is based on. So while writing xpath is normally a good challenge, doing so without having any XML to test it on to verify is a bridge too far when it comes to debugging if it is fully correct.
Can both of you please open the following page, regular web browser should do, and post me the output? Can via DM if preferred. http://<ip-of-tv>:55000/nrc/sdd_0.xml
For the encrypted version there should be a child tag to the root element ending on actionList, but I don't know if that's a local or namespaced name and it would make it a lot more readable knowing. Directly below that there's supposed a tag ending on name, but again that could be the last part of a longer tag, or just a namespaced tag. That ...name tag is supposed to have a child text element X_GetEncryptSessionId.
Knowing what that XML looks is for me the difference between an xpath like /actionList/name[text()="X_GetEncryptSessionId] or a monstrosity like /child::*[substring(local-name(), string-length(local-name()) - string-length("actionList") + 1)="actionList"]/child::*[substring(local-name(), string-length(local-name()) - string-length("name") + 1)="name" and text()="X_GetEncryptSessionId"].
Thank you so much, this shows exactly which part I'm missing
Even simpler with that xml file: //actionList/action/name[text()="X_GetEcryptSessionId"] should already do the trick