Control Panasonic TV with Node Red

Hi @dceejay, how do I do that ?

Are the console and dashboard the same thing ?

The console is the command window where you started Node-RED. If you started it as a service on boot it will be in the system log.

Thanks for the explanation; although I run Node Red from a Docker, but I’ll do some digging.

@nodecentral if you’re going for this trouble for me you can stop, that screenshot was enough to verify what I needed to know :slight_smile: Depending on if I’m actually improving for once now I might actually porting the python code to JavaScript tomorrow so you can test if it works correctly. If so, I’ll write a node around it.

I was just curious how to get all the text :slight_smile: - and I’ve just worked out another route, and that was to use the (write to) file node (see attached)

Panasonic_FZ982.txt (3.2 KB)

Hi @afelix

Hope all is well, I was just wondering how things progressed with creating a node for Panasonic TVs?

I just saw your message on the github. I’m currently in the middle of a heatwave and trying to do everything not to get overheated :slight_smile:
If you saw any of the news broadcast, Western Europe broke all time temperature records over the last days. On the plus side, the builders have been gone for two weeks and I’ve a living room again so I can sit inside with 40 degrees Celsius (104F) weather.

I think I’ve most of the encryption mechanism translated to JavaScript, which is what the issue you responded to is about. But because of the heat I haven’t had my editor open in give or take 2 weeks. Once the temperature drops by 15 degrees I’ll turn my computer back on :slight_smile: I might be able to code Python from my phone, not taking chances with a JavaScript as it’s not as easy :wink:

Thanks for the update @afelix, being in the UK myself I know exactly what you mean by the weather/heat, we had our second hottest day on record :disappointed_relieved: yesterday - although it was not to the level of mainland Europe!!

No problem and no rush on the node - it’ll just be great to eventually have something in Node Red to control my TV. :slight_smile:

Take it easy and keep cool :cold_face:

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get Node Red to work with the new Panasonic TVs ?

1 Like

Ich wollte nur bestätigen dass das Python Script von oben mit der PIN Code Abfrage funktioniert, und ich mein aus 2019 Panasonic TV damit steuern kann.

One of my old threads, but just wanted to update it to say that I’m currently able to control elements via Home Assistant -> https://community.home-assistant.io/t/panasonic-viera-examples-share-your-scripts/193796

Hi @afelix

Hope all is well, I was just wondering if you ever completed your work on this ?

Hi, check this out, it's all already set up and pretty powerful: node-red-contrib-viera (node) - Node-RED

This does not look like it supports the new Panasonic TVs (2018+) that require a PIN to authorise a remote device to control it.?

I don't know, mine doesn't have a code. The current viera integration does support that, however. Maybe it will work if you have that set up, haha.

Hello,

has anyone here experience with connecting to a Panasonic Viera TV to set the picture mode or change the color settings like color gamut or gamma for a particular HDMI input ?

if so, could you share your connection script ?

Thx