Creating node with "node_api.h"

Hello,

this is my first post but I got many help and inspiration by reading this forum before. So I am hopefull to get the right hint here for my problem.

I am writing a custom node that receives messages whose payload containing MIDI data. The node has also a CC-part that includes "node_api.h" and "jack.h" (from the Jack Audio Server API). The node registers as jack-client, so it is able to send the MIDI data to every other (writeable) jack-client. The node also triggers some special actions on special MIDI commands. This "downstream" part works quite well.

Now I want to enable the node also to send data that triggered by other jack-clients or the Jack Audio Server itself (for those who familar with jack something like Transport Start/Stop). I looked around all over the web but I can't find a way to do a real "upstream" with "node_api.h". On my researches I found one way may be to emit an event in the CC-part and to use an eventhandler in the Javascript-part. But, how can I do this? There are many examples that gave an function into the CC-part that is executed there and filled with values from the CC-part. At least this is not what I need, as only the jack-client (= the CC-part) knows when to trigger the event within the Javascript-part (= Node-RED).

I am native german speaking, I hope my question is understandable. Any help is welcome, many thanks in advance!

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.