Darksky API Does not Respond with Temperature

The Darksky node does not return the current temperature - all the other info is in the api response and fairly easy to parse out but I had to add hardware to my project for current temperature - would much rather get from Darksky - anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Did you try to change the configuration of the node by chosing "Input Defined" (and setting the current time to msg.time ?

a-01

If that is not working then an alternative might be issuing a separate http request (not using the DarkSky node).

This part of the doc explains:

Forecast Request

A Forecast Request returns the current weather conditions, a minute-by-minute forecast for the next hour (where available), an hour-by-hour forecast for the next 48 hours, and a day-by-day forecast for the next week.

In the Darsky node select Forecast = Tomorrow, then parse the output to get the current temperature.

In a function node try;

msg.payload = msg.data.currently.temperature;
return msg;

OR - in a change node

change

To see what else is available in current conditions, try msg.payload = msg.data.currently which should give you something like;

currently

...and which can be parsed by using msg.data.currently.ozone, msg.data.currently.dewPoint etc etc