Dashboard 2.0 Classic design multi needle gauge. Call for testing

Installed the package, imported the multi needle example and I get an absolutely blank page, everything is white.

Try restarting node-red.

Today installed on the server and similar thing happened, not all white but gauge was not showing, the other time was using node-red on laptop running frim command line, don't remenber if restart was necessary.

If alk blank page in dashboard higher than 1.8.0 check this

restart fixed it. didn't see that one coming

1 Like

You certainly should not need to restart node-red after installing the gauge node (assuming it was installed using Manage Palette). Did you try refreshing the page in the browser?

I think I did that would be normal for me, but sadly can't make that statement with total certainty,
[edit] yes, did use palette manager on Pi 3b+ running bookworm. node red 3.19

Which version of the dashboard are you using?

dashboard 1.8.1

Just did a test in a new node-red instance (V4.0.0-beta4) and Dashboard V1.11.1.

Indeed is necessary to restart node-red in order for the gauge appears on the page. It's the same issue with the ui-led and ui-frame nodes for DashBoard2, it seems is a condition for nodes for dashboard2 that requires a node-red restart to be correctly placed on the dashboard page.

It is on 1.11.1 now, but if you use the dashboard requiring a login then I suggest not upgrading yet due to the PWA issue noted in post #22.

I think you are right. Either a restart should not be required, or the user should be informed that it is required. I have submitted an issue against the dashboard. A node red restart is necessary after installing third party ui nodes Ā· Issue #938 Ā· FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard Ā· GitHub

Thanks Colin - its something ive asked Nick for some help on, but don't have a clear solution yet

Playing with the gauge, aside from install, it seems solid with no hassles. Pretty much everything I've thrown at it so far it handles well.

Excellent, thanks @gerry.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dashboard 2 widget positioning

(Waves hello)

Hi folks.

I have been a bit slack lately and am not sure where I am in the scheme of things NR.

I have dashboard 3.6.6 if I look at/in my palette manager.

So can I use this node?

This is for the Flowfuse Dashboard (known as 2). Do you have it installed?

Honestly.... I don't know.

Probably not though.

Thanks.

Surely you have been using node-red long enough to know that you can see which nodes you have installed by looking in Manage Palette. You can see there whether @flowfuse/node-red-dashboard is installed. If you didn't know that the flowfuse dashboard was called then a search for flowfuse dashboard would no doubt have answered that.

Maybe.

But the topic is Dashboard 2.0

(no mention of fuse.)

I gave the version from Palette manager - which is greater than 2.0.

I was asking as I am not sure.

It seems you have not been paying attention to the 242 threads there have been, tagged with dashboard-2, about the new Dashboard that is now the recommended dashboard for new systems.

1 Like