Dashboard 2.0 Pre-Alpha Available

Could I put in a request please for some of the remaining basic issues with the core nodes to be cleared up, as they are preventing me from implementing my current dashboards in D2.
In particular

Hi Colin, will be prioritising a day or two tackling these once I have Third Party Widget Support by joepavitt Ā· Pull Request #221 Ā· FlowFuse/flowforge-nr-dashboard Ā· GitHub tied up. I've also been having to work on Product work last week ahead of our release yesterday, so didn't actually get any Dashboard work done, and I only work 4 days a week - but will get to it all :smile:

2 Likes

I wasn't meaning to pressurise, just making sure these had not got forgotten.
Working on new stuff is always more interesting than tidying up loose ends :slight_smile:

Of course not :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Thought the crowd here may be interested to know that I'll be running a FlowFuse Webinar at the end of October all about Dashboard 2.0. Hope to see some of you there.

5 Likes

Thanks Joe, will it be recorded? I probably won't be able to make that time.

1 Like

Yes unfortunately I probably won't be able to attend. But all past webinar recordings are available here.

Yep, it will be recorded and posted to our YouTube Channel and "Webinars" page on our Website

3 Likes

@joepavitt
Dashboard 2.0 nodes will be available only in FlowForge?
I'm looking for monetization opportunities and one of the directions I was thinking about is making my UI nodes iglass-nodes (node) - Node-RED work only in FlowForge?
Is it possible to implement something like a widget store on the FlowForge?

Dashboard 2.0 is completely Open Source, and already available in the Node-RED flow library. You can install it from the "Manage Palette" option in Node-RED as you would Dashboard 1.0.

If you would like to have your widgets working inside Dashboard 2.0, that is possible, as with the 0.6.0 release we made it possible to create third-party integrations, which you can read more about in the docs here. I'm also planning on writing a piece of content to the FlowFuse blog (hopefully today, maybe early next week) about this in more detail too.

On FlowFuse, we have also just released Private NPM Catalogs where you can configure your own Node-RED instances to use a set of private npm modules, which could include your own work. Making that accessible to others would be possible by sharing the link to your private npm registry, which would be down to you to manage access/sharing.

1 Like

Is there any documentation for the chart node yet, I'm trying to get the x-axis to show time/date (instead of - is it a epoch timestamp?)

@Paul-Reed May be a version update required, i added that into 0.5.0 iirc, we have the docs here: Chart ui-chart | Node-RED Dashboard 2.0

You can set the x-axis type to "Timescale", which is also the default now for any new chart nodes added to the editor.

1 Like

I'm already using v0.5.0 and its still showing the epoch timestamp.

Oh Wait... it was an existing flow, and I had to delete the chart node and re-add it again.
Now I get time/date.

Thanks

1 Like

The Radio Group node looks like it is not creating a fresh msg if you have sent a msg thru it previously and have the If msg arrives on input, pass through to output: checked off.

I opened an issue on gitHub with a flow reproducing the issue: http://localhost:1880/#flow/8a69c70383ca3f27

2 Likes

Hi All, just a nudge for anyone interested, I'll be doing a Dashboard 2.0 Webinar on Thursday: Dashboard 2.0 - Where we are, and whatā€™s next? ā€¢ FlowFuse

2 Likes

The time in UTC is still not there, as far as I can see.

Hi Colin, it is still recorded as an open issue: Text Input Widget timestamp and date input formats Ā· Issue #147 Ā· FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard Ā· GitHub

I think Colin is referring to advertised start time for your webinar :wink:
As discussed previously a number of users suggested dropping CET time format, and replacing it with UTC.

Or just adding UTC.

@joepavitt for info, that discussion started here.

1 Like