DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead

I get this while installing node-red on a cloud system:

** 2019-04-10T15:01:45.85+0200 [APP/PROC/WEB/0] ERR (node:85) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

Is that a problem in the future?

Hi,
What version of node.js are you installing it on ? and which version of Node-RED ?
I think we have fixed all these in latest version - but you need node.js 8.x at least for that.
(and while yes it is a problem longer term - as in - it will stop working at some point - it is still working now, so no need to worry.

1 Like

Ok thanks! I still use 0.19.4 - as I read about the UI issues with the latest version, I am still waiting with the upgrade.

Node.js is almost the latest Version (10.15.0)

I get a smiliar warning with mongodb: DeprecationWarning: current URL string parser is deprecated, and will be removed in a future version. To use the new parser, pass option { useNewUrlParser: true } to MongoClient.connect.

Is that also fixed in the new version? Or is it a "mongodb-node" specific problem?

Which UI issues are those? I'm not aware of any outstanding issues with 0.20...

That will be specific to the mongo node - the core of node-red doesn't have anything related to mongo in it.