Display on Gauge node, Tasmota sensor value

Hi there

I have install on some of my esp, those with DS18B20, Tasmota firmware. I try to send only temperature value to a gauge node, but it receiv all topic mesage, like:
{"Time":"2024-02-17T07:56:39","DS18B20":{"Id":"0417315443FF","Temperature":23.5},"TempUnit":"C"}
I am a totaly beginer with node red, I try diffrent things found on the net but did not succed. Could someone help me ?

You may get some benefit watching these essentials videos as a beginner.

You can also retrieve the path to any message property using the side bar debug.

Thereā€™s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

As to your issue, in the value format field you can enter the path to the property Temperature like so

{{msg.payload.Temperature}}

You can even format it using

{{msg.payload.Temperature | number : 1}}

which will format to 1 decimal places

1 Like

Use a change node to copy the property
you want to msg.payload (before the gauge).

Tbh, this is really basic/beginner stuff but important knowledge to get pretty much anything out of Node-RED so here is some info for you to absorb...

Always get the correct path to a property in a message:

Thereā€™s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

Great for beginners:

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

@E1cid beat me to it!

put path in change node as expression solved the problem, thankyou for your help. I will read documentation you sugested

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.