Docker desktop ... node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel ... problems

Hi,

I have NodeRED version 2 and I have had Alexa working until recently.

This is on my RPI with an IP of 192.168.1.65 I did try and get it working on that one my updating "node": ">=16.0.0" But it crashed my RPI and it took many hours to get working, but it still has Node 12.

Another PC has NodeRED V3 and IP of 192.168.1.67 In the future I wish to use Docker on a more powerful PC, so I have tried to get Alexa working using Docker on this PC.

I have got NodeRED working on it and installed node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel 5.0.48

I then get message open http://192.168.1.67:3456 in your browser. I enter details and get ... Amazon Alexa Cookie successfully retrieved. You can close the browser.

Then I get in NodeRED "Unexpected end of JSON input".

In node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel 5.0.48 i have set the path to the same as above dummy text.
I look into the file where the Cookie should be and nothing is in there ?
I have tested that dummy text can be written to that file using NodeRED write file.
Somehow the browser isn't saving that data to that file ?

Any idea welcome as I am lost.

Thanks Gaz

I seem to have solved this part myself :grinning:
Instead of using the PC address which Docker desktop is running on ... I used 127.0.0.1:3456
The cookie was then saved into my text file from the browser.

Now onto my next problem, Alexa isn't responding to commands, but I will start a new subject on here for that, as I think some others are having problems with Alexa responding :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.