Docker - testers wanted

Hi,

we are wanting to make some small changes to the docker image so that it works more readily with hosting platforms like OpenShift. The main change is to the permissions on some of the internal mount points.

If possible we would like some wider testing of these changes to ensure they don't break existing users before we merge it to the main release. so please try pulling from node-red/node-red-dev:latest channel https://hub.docker.com/r/nodered/node-red-dev and let us know if that is still A-OK... or not. Thanks
(It's the standard 1.0.6 build apart from that...)

I have a QNAP box with container station. I might be able to test on that if that's a target of interest?

It would be a voyage of discovery for me but if its not of interest, i'll not go there haha.

How do I do that in a compose file? Currently I am using
image: nodered/node-red:latest

Change it to nodered/node-red-dev:latest

all are of interest - but only if you have time and are interested.. :slight_smile:

I tested it for one of my node-red flows and it is working !

Here below my updated docker file:

# https://discourse.nodered.org/t/docker-testers-wanted/26644
FROM nodered/node-red-dev:test-12
#FROM nodered/node-red:1.0.4-12

######### Changing to root as below commands should be run as root #############

USER root

# Following command installs node-red-admin which is needed if you want to create a hashed password 
# for the node-red editor.  For that run command "node-red-admin hash-pw" in a terminal window
# for the node-red service in the BalenaCloud dashboard.
RUN npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red-admin

# installing sudo command
RUN set -ex && apk --no-cache add sudo

# following commands should assure that user node-red can use sudo without requiring to enter a password.
RUN echo "node-red ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" >> /etc/sudoers

######### Changing back to node-red user #####################
USER node-red

#RUN npm install --unsafe-perm node-red-node-sqlite

COPY settings.js entrypoint.sh ./

# the below entrypoint replaces the entrypoint of the nodered/node-red
ENTRYPOINT  ["bash", "entrypoint.sh"]

Should that be nodered/node-red-dev:test-12? latest doesn't exist apparently.

[Edit] test-12 running ok in a traefik stack (on Ubuntu).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.