Driving neopixels from a CAN-Signal

Using a shifter is best practice and the correct way of doing things.

I think you may have shorted something out at one stage and that's done the shifter in but saved your Pi :slight_smile:

It's hard to diagnose hardware issues if you don't have two of everything :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working - looking at your pictures it's also quite likely that you just had a bad connection along the way. The jumpers through the level shifter probably don't make the best connections.

Thanks for your answers, i have one more question regarding this project.
How can i light up a single LED in the strip? For example i want LED no. 60 to light up white. Enough to just create a inject node stating 60,60,255,255,255? The LED's before no. 60 are not supposed to light up. Also, at the same time i want to light up LED's depending on the CAN value.

CAN value should state the State of Charge of a battery in an electric car. The single LED should state the target SoC while charging.
Thanks again :slight_smile:

I'm away until wed so can't test but you should be able to do it. The node help should give you enough info :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.