DS1990 1-wire support?

Good afternoon community,

I am busy looking at DS1990A Serial Number i-buttons. My test hardware is running on a Pi W and node-red 3.0.2.

I see there is a # node-red-contrib-1wire node that supports the 1-wire DS18B20 temp sensor.
Do you use this node to read the DS1990A as well or is there a different node that support DS1990 specifically? I cannot seem to find anything on google.

Thanks any comments or pointers will be appreciated.

Jan

This is the first I have heard about this device and if you can't fined anything with Google (neither could I) then you are exploring uncharted territory.

So give it a try and see what you get. Make sure to add a catch node connected to a debug node (set to display the complete msg object) to help look for problems.

Thank you, I found some sample code for Arduino and tested it successfully on that platform.
I will try your recommendation for raspberry pi.

If you have code for an Arduino, and have MQTT on your network, you could try using a Wemos D1 Mini and have it read the device and then publish the data to your MQTT broker and use an mqtt-in node to subscribe to the voice to get the data into NR

Thanks for your response, this is definitely also a good proposal,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.