Entity ID instead of name

hi need help
something went wrong in my node red and all the nodes now display the entity Id like (switch.102_2) instead the friendly name I gave them like (patio light ustairs-local). may be there is an index file that needs to be rebuild
I don't know how to fix
thx

Welcome to the forums @radames

First thing : export your flow and paste it here (removing any sensitive data).
we can then begin to see if there are any obvious issues.

```
JSON Here
```

I have never heard of this - but maybe some other members have

Can I check whether you are using Home Assistant?

1 Like

yes using home assistant

I tried to uninstall and reinstall red node still the same

It is more likely that there is something wrong with home assistant and/or the home assistant nodes.

1 Like

Few here use HA, finding it simpler to do everything in node-red, so you may be better asking on an HA forum.

I am using node red I installed it in home assistant and every thing is in node red, when I go into any of the call services in node red in entities display the entity Id like (switch.102_2) instead the friendly name I gave them like (patio light ustairs-local). may be there is an index file that needs to be rebuild
I don't know how to fix

Hi @radames

This is an issue with Home Assistant (or It's Node RED Nodes) - this is nothing to do with Node RED.
as above - you need to seek support from the HA community

Just to amplify the previous comment a bit, the nodes you mention are running within node-red but they are supplied as part of the HA packaged version of node-red, they are not part of the normal node-red install. That is why we don't know much about them. The normal node-red install does not have the concept of Entities with IDs, they are a HA concept.

And to expand still further, Home Assistant installs Node-RED in its own way which seems to be poorly understood. Sadly, HA does seem to cause a lot of issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.