Feature request: set default editor window zoom level

would be nice.

perhaps in settings.js

A visible indicator of current zoom would also be nice.

How about a different zoom level in each tab?

If it was per tab then the info would have to be tied to the flow - and we aren't saving personal prefs info in the flow.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "personal prefs." In a flow.json file, a tab object looks like

{
    "disabled": false,
    "id": "a4a7dd86.826cf",
    "info": "This is a test flow.",
    "label": "Flow 1",
    "type": "tab"
}

All except id and type are user defined. Why not add a zoom property?

because when I import it (vs another member of my team) - I don't want their viewing prefs.
And given the number of flows we all share round here... no - will leave it for personal preference.

1 Like

Good point. I hadn't thought of that, since I'm a "lone wolf." What I was really after was the ability to use a different zoom level in each tab temporarily while editing -- no real need to save the settings. Yes, I'm aware of the navigator widget, but it has never worked for me. (In fact, it may not be working correctly in my browser, but that's another subject.)

Ummm... any more details on that? We've not had any reports about it not working.

Sorry, Nick. Two different senses of "work" here. It doesn't do the job I want, and it may not be doing what it's supposed to. I'm running NR v0.20.0 on a Pi3, browsing with Safari on a Mac. The widget looks like this:
navigator
I can use it to scan around the editor workspace, but it doesn't really give an overview of the flow. It might help if the flow would fill the navigator window -- even better if that window could be re-sized. In short, for me it doesn't do anything that I can't do with the zoom controls.

thread hijack. maybe make a new thread.

(i want my zoom levels.)

@stone the easier change would be for the editor to remember what zoom setting you had, just as it remembers the grid options etc. Would that be sufficient for you?

sounds great to me.

@stone sorry for the hijack. If you (and possibly @TotallyInformation) can get your requests, great. I’m just grumbling a bit.

I would love this feature... EVERYTIME I access NR, the first thing I do is adjust the zoom level.

Would love to be able to set a default, even if it was across all flows.

Your browser may have the ability to specify a zoom setting per site. If it doesn't then there is probably a browser plugin that will do it.

Hi @Colin, I know about that and use it all the time.

I meant the zoom level set here:

I have my page zoom setup just like I want it, but every time I log into NR flows I have to click 2/3 times on the minus sign to get the internal of the flows to look right relative to the page zoom.

Is there a way to set the internal zoom to a custom value?

We have an item on the backlog for the editor to remember the zoom level.

1 Like

Something to think about when implementing that :slightly_smiling_face:. How about setting and remembering the zoom level on a per tab basis?

If that's the case, then you'd want a global setting with the ability to change manually per flow.

I like to keep all my flows at the same zoon level, so it feels consistent when moving between then, but appreciate others may not want that.