Since we added the
history section to the sidebar, the tabs can get a bit squashed.
There are now three in the default set, and everyone with dashboard installed has four. There's also the config nodes sidebar tab that we hide by default - which reduces how easy it is to discover.
I've knocked up a few possible options for improving it - would like your feedback.
- has the multiple tabs, but certain key ones are shrunk down to just an icon for easy access. A dropdown lets you access all of the tabs.
- Issue: the order is a bit unpredicatable and there's lots of jumping around. For example, when the 'config nodes' tab is show and then switch to another, the config node tab disappears.
- A cleaner option. Has a single tab in a fixed position. The dropdown lets you access all tabs.
- Issue: more clicks to get to common tabs such as Debug
- A single fixed tab. With quick-links to core tabs. Dropdown to access all other tabs (not including the quick-linked ones)
- Without leading the witness... this is my preferred option at this point.