FlexDash 1st steps

I am just starting to get my feet wet with FlexDash. I have a flow that I want to display on the FlexDash. I took the output from one of my functions and used as an input into the flexdash out node

To link the stat widget it appears to me to use the msg. topic of the node. I have input the value as shown below

I obviously am doing something wrong as it does not show the value. I am thinking it has to be a path issue.

Any advice is appreciated

1 Like

Hi Mick,
I am going to mention @tve here, because I am not sure whether he follows all discussions on Discourse...
Bart

1 Like

Thanks for the @ Bart!

FlexDash is a bit in an upheaval right now as I'm trying to get a new version based on Vuetify3/Vue3 out with much deeper integration into Node-RED. So waiting a week or two will make it a lot easier...

To answer your question, you need to send the FD out node a message with a topic and a payload. The topic can be any /-separated path you like (it's your namespace, you can organize how you like). For example, you can use "fof2" or "test/fof2". Then, when you instantiate the Stat widget you need to set its value input to the same path and you will see the payload in the widget.

1 Like

@tve thanks for the reply. So what you just describe is pretty much what I thought I tried. I created a real simple flow to test this.

[{"id":"bef7fe507bc6ac56","type":"debug","z":"fb784d661b2113e1","name":"","active":false,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":410,"y":580,"wires":[]},{"id":"2c808749b064562c","type":"inject","z":"fb784d661b2113e1","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"3","crontab":"","once":true,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"test","payload":"1","payloadType":"num","x":250,"y":620,"wires":[["bef7fe507bc6ac56","c53c24ae520755a8"]]},{"id":"c53c24ae520755a8","type":"flexdash out","z":"fb784d661b2113e1","name":"test","server":"878dd08857039ccf","x":410,"y":640,"wires":[]},{"id":"878dd08857039ccf","type":"flexdash config","port":"80","ioOpts":"{}","path":"/flexdash","redServer":true,"saveConfig":true,"allOrigins":true,"ctxName":"default","devServer":false,"devInstall":false,"name":"FlexDash"}]

Here is the output from the inject node..

Now on the FlexDash i have the socket io path set to:

On my dashboard stat widget

The output widget shows...

Maybe I am not initializing the flexdash correctly.

No expert here but you have /flexdash/io/ set as path when underneath it says /io/flexdash

1 Like

The path is set when you create the dashboard.

Please use the default path, you can't simply change it on one end.
(I'm having some trouble reproducing your issue easily here, hope to have a new version out shortly which will make repro easier)

@tve Thanks. I will hold off until the new release. One interesting item I noted is that when loading the package I had 3 nodes, in, out, and a dev server. Apparently the dev server some how gets deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.