Flow stops after a few times triggered

I made a flow with a hue button switch. I want that when pressing button 1 an action is performed that triggers a button depending on the light value.

When button 4 is pressed, the button must be triggered to perform another action.

By pressing the buttons it works correctly. After I have tested 5 times on - off a few times, it works well. After that node button stays on the status waiting…
If I then press key 1 or 4 nothing happens.
Even after waiting a few minutes and again nothing happens and the status remains. Waiting….

Behind the hue button node I have a function node and a debug node.
The function node (msg.payload = msg.payload.button).

If I move a node and deploy the circuit works again a few times.
What could be the cause of this?
Peter

[{"id":"fe00b49a8d19529e","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":"","env":},{"id":"f8161a508bc79df6","type":"function","z":"fe00b49a8d19529e","name":"Get button","func":"msg.payload = msg.payload.button\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":,"x":330,"y":125,"wires":[["993e458f1cc349ab"]]},{"id":"993e458f1cc349ab","type":"switch","z":"fe00b49a8d19529e","name":"","property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"1","vt":"num"},{"t":"eq","v":"4","vt":"num"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":2,"x":485,"y":125,"wires":[["7eef8835baf830dc"],["b239e4a6ab5c6186"]]},{"id":"3f0a96d53317ddd2","type":"hue-buttons","z":"fe00b49a8d19529e","name":"SW5 overloop","bridge":"9009fe253e7f3acc","sensorid":"93659c4e-fd3f-4928-92f3-68a9364aea4d","skipevents":false,"initevents":false,"x":130,"y":125,"wires":[["f8161a508bc79df6"]]},{"id":"7eef8835baf830dc","type":"api-call-service","z":"fe00b49a8d19529e","name":"input_button.overloop_on","server":"3c6b2d2d.b63e72","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"input_button","service":"press","areaId":,"deviceId":,"entityId":["input_button.overloop_100"],"data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":,"queue":"none","x":715,"y":100,"wires":[]},{"id":"b239e4a6ab5c6186","type":"api-call-service","z":"fe00b49a8d19529e","name":"input_button.overloop_off","server":"3c6b2d2d.b63e72","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"input_button","service":"press","areaId":,"deviceId":,"entityId":["input_button.overloop_uit"],"data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":,"queue":"none","x":725,"y":150,"wires":[]},{"id":"9009fe253e7f3acc","type":"hue-bridge","name":"Philips hue","bridge":"192.168.178.86","key":"XmEObVBA3L4XQRHcESAFbxnwlcMuma2Z1be7QbxR","worker":"10","autoupdates":true,"disableupdates":false},{"id":"3c6b2d2d.b63e72","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","version":4,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true,"heartbeat":false,"heartbeatInterval":30,"areaSelector":"friendlyName","deviceSelector":"friendlyName","entitySelector":"friendlyName","statusSeparator":"at: ","statusYear":"hidden","statusMonth":"short","statusDay":"numeric","statusHourCycle":"h23","statusTimeFormat":"h:m"}]

Did you connect a debug node to the node that produces the event you are trying to capture ? and does the node actually produce an event after button x ?

I placed a debug node after the hue button. Every time it works oke the debug node produced data. When after a few clicks the hue node gives: waiting... the flow stops.
When i click the external hue switch nothing happens and the debug node gives no data.
Then when I delete the line after hue button, deploy, replace the line en deploy it works again a few times.

I would suggest to check the node-red logs on the commandline and/or add a catch node in the flow (add a debug node to it, set it to complete msg object)

Which set of nodes does the hue-button belong to ? node-red-contrib-xxxx ?

I couldn't find any errors. The most difficult failures are those that occur occasionally and sometimes not.
I'm using (node-red-contrib-huemagic) before I tried (Node-red-contrib-hue) when I installed that node red crashed and I could start over.
Is there a better node for switching with the Philips hue dimmer switch. It is not reliable in the current way.

Reading the issues on github with this node, it does not seem particularly reliable. Looking at your flow code, it appears you are using home assistant, can you not receive the button presses from there ?

Indeed, it seems a better idea to make the flow in a home assistant automation.
Thankx for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.