Found quirk with MySQL configuration node?

I have various flows on the same Pi device that all use the same MySQL configuration node. The single MySQL configuration node is working, but... I keep seeing in the debug window, this error message that makes no sense (to me). I don't recall seeing this until just recently, but I was not looking for it either. The MySQL node keeps trying to use the name of the Pi device with no user to authenticate to the DB server. For example:

12/2/2020, 12:10:47 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
"Error: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user ''@'eccentric.dachshund-digital.org' (using password: NO)"
12/2/2020, 12:11:07 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
"Error: ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user ''@'eccentric.dachshund-digital.org' (using password: NO)"
12/2/2020, 12:11:27 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
12/2/2020, 12:11:47 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
12/2/2020, 12:12:07 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
12/2/2020, 12:12:28 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
12/2/2020, 12:12:48 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error
12/2/2020, 12:13:08 AMTest (Data, Environment)msg : error

As I said the MySQL configuration node is working, using the id and password I set in the node. But the above is no user id and using the host name of the Pi device? The database is NOT local, so the above attempt is neither in any of my flows and would be bogus no matter what, per my environment and flow designs. Any clue what might be the cause of this? Or triggering this odd quirk or behavior.

Running the latest current version of MySQL node, per the palette view, 0.1.1. NR is 1.2.5 at the moment.

If you haven't already done so then restart node-red to make sure any unused config nodes are removed.
Also, if not already done, check in Config nodes that there is only one Mysql config node there?

Also try using Search and search for the domain name (eccentric....) and see if that finds anything.

If not try searching the flows file itself.

Also, is AMTest a node name?
[Edit] No, I don't think it is, it probably stands for Access Manager or something.

Well, sorry for the late reply... holidays and what not and other human interactions... as allowed by COVID-19, are taking time from my fun projects. :slight_smile: The odd issue or quirk cleared after I restarted NR, because of some OS updates. I could not find any issues with DNS, DHCP, etc., etc. Nor was there any apparent communication issues between all entities. Eccentric is the name of the Pi device that was running the flow(s) that connected to the DB instance, i.e. data.[redacted], which is a CNAME record to the actual device that hosts the DB instance. I have 10 or 12 devices routinely updating various tables in the given DB instance, with no reported issues. It was just eccentric device that as showing the odd behavior via mysql configuration node. Oh, yes only 1 mysql node... but every flow using said node was reporting the same debug message, i.e.. ''@'ecdentric' which implies the mysql node was trying to connect to the DB instance with no id. It was configured with a proper id and password of course.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.