Fs-ops-access node output formats

HI Team
Can someone please help me here to understand the output format of fs-ops-access(a node used to check the file existence and access) Node under node-red-contrib-fs-ops.

I am trying to build a sample flow with 2 params given like folder path and file name mentioned below
and once I trigger, I am getting the output as a time stamp.
How will I get to know whether the file is existing and accessible using this node ?
or is there any other approach to check the file size existence in a local system using node-red?

Change your debug node to show all properties and check again :wink:

Ps, read the built in help - I'm sure it's mentioned there.

Yeah, I tried that too.
But getting empty topic something like below,
msgid: "cae305b5.ad2dd8"
payload: 12/23/2021, 8:33:44 PM [UTC+5.5]
topic: ""

and in a wrong path scenario, I am getting an error obj is being added.
So that's the reason I am not able to decide whether it is success or failure

Can you try with forward slashes in the path?

Ps, is you path a directory name or filepath?

Try the slashes then try just a directory name.

Also, is there actually a file named output? That is odd for Windows (check the file properties, it might have an extension like CSV or txt)

Yeah, I tried with forward slash, but no luck. it is not able to identify and shows 0x2f not recognized.
Yes, I am using the directory name till the folder where the file exists.

output is a file. without any extension. even I tried adding .txt to that and did changes in nodered. even then it is not working

And whenever i am using a path through flow variables, I am getting the below error from fs-ops-access node
and there is no variable regarding to length.
msg: error
"TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"

Can you add a catch node + debug node (set it to complete msg object output), this may give more specific details about the issue you are facing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.