Getting Started with OPC-UA and Node-RED

Lots of people use OPC-UA to gather data from industrial hardware. Node-RED has OPC-UA nodes available to make it possible to create an OPC-UA client to receive OPC-UA data. FlowForge is hosting a webinar to show how easy it is to use Node-RED to create an OPC-UA client.

The speaker for this webinar will be Mika Karaila, Research Director at Valmet Automation and creator of the Node-RED OPC-UA node. The webinar will be August 30, 2023.

Sign-up today to attend.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. Will sign up for the webinar.

1 Like

Excellent, we will see you on the 30th.

I just registered, I use it already, but I'm interested to know if there are any improvements of late (I've had a few bad experiences with the updates for that node and I haven't done any in months).

1 Like

Not so nice to see this one, does not encourage me to make updates & enhancements...
Even I gave you a lot assistance with your problem.

I'm really sorry because it seems I didn't express myself correctly in my previous post, and I would like to clarify:

• I connected to the talk because I wanted to know about latest improvements. It was informative.

• I couldn't be more thankful about all the help you've given me in the past, and I'm really sorry about bothering you every time something breaks.

• I don't know if that's because of the way I use the nodes, but up to now, I've had issues with almost every update I've made. Again, it might be because of the way I use the nodes, or because of the setup of the OPC-UA server I have to deal with. In any case, that's what it's been for me.

• I'm afraid I have a bit of OCD, and I usually tend to update everything as soon as an update is available.

• As someone who has done my share of volunteer work, I do not like bothering people who have no obligation to do anything, and just do things because they would like to lend a hand to others, or because it's their hobby. I feel really bad about it.

• I understand that deciding to update things that work and later complaining they don't work anymore is entirely on me, so that's why I decided not to continue with the updates after the flows were working again last time.

• That said, if there is an update that could simplify my flows, or reduce the resource usage (memory, basically), I may consider updating again, but right now I think it's better to keep a stable, known version.

And again, I couldn't be more grateful for the help.

2 Likes