Getting started with uibuilder: default page doesn't work

I'm really interested in uibuilder because I've hit on limitations with the UI Template node in Dashboard, either that or I'm not quite imaginative or skilled enough to find solutions to some of the problems surrounding Angular that I'm encountering.

I've installed uibuilder from the palette, and can view the default page at http://server/red/uibuilder, however I'm not seeing any dynamic data on that page. When I go into Chrome developer console, I get errors, maybe best I show a screenshot:

OK, welcome to uibuilder! :slight_smile:

Is there a reason you are using the Moon.JS example?

What I suspect may be happening is that you installed uibuilder to have a look at it some time back? You probably removed it again. However, removing the uibuilder module doesn't delete the ~/.node-red/uibuilder folder. So you are picking up your old code which was set to use MoonJS.

The easiest way to prove this is to open the uibuilder node and change the url, redeploy and you should get the latest template which is based on VueJS and bootstrap-vue and everything should just work out of the box.

If you really do want to use the MoonJS example, you need to make sure you are using the current code from the WIKI and have installed Moon via the uibuilder library manager.

Thanks, I had no reason to use the MoonJS example - it's just what showed up by default.

That solved it. Seems really obvious now you say it, but it wasn't obvious to me until you said it!

Haha, no problem. It has even caught me out before now :rofl:

Nice to get a problem I can resolve.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.