"Grouping nodes" - I'm not getting it

This is more me catching up with things and while looking for something else I saw this.

58 seconds in

I have 1.1.2

But I can't see how to create the group.

Sorry, but the video isn't showing me how this is done.
My take is that I just drag/select the nodes and that window opens. But it doesn't and I don't see how to get it to.

After selecting nodes, press Ctrl-Shift-G to create the group, or select the Create Group option in the main menu.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Indulge me: was that declared in the clip I mentioned?

Because if it is, I need my ears testing.
(I'm just wanting to be sure. I seem to be making a lot of mistakes just now.)

2 Likes

Yes, thanks Paul. But in the clip I posted (at the top) 58 seconds in you group select nodes and can colour then group, and so on.

The key presses seem to have not been mentioned - unless my ears are failing - and so I was stuck at that point.

Well you have two options;

1. Use the key presses as per Nick
    or
  2. Use the menu, as per my video

There are key presses for most of the node-RED commands, but yes, I get your point.

Use the menu, as per my video

(Ok, I'll bite....)

Which video?

and that key sequence didn't exist prior to 1.1.x

Click on the image 4 posts up.

1 Like

Oh! Sorry..... I really am not with it.

I just saw that as a picture.

Sincerest apologies.

1 Like

Andrew in times of uncertainty, you can always bring up the action list menu (ctrl+shift+p) and start typing. This can be a very quick way of doing many things in node red including group actions, disabling selected nodes, pretty much anything you can do from a menu or click action is in there + more.

2 Likes

Thanks. I really used to be a keyboard person - using key inputs - but alas slowly I am becoming a mouse person.

I shall have to sit down one day and look at all those key short cuts.

ctrl+shift+p is a good one to learn

Nice.

But now I'm stumped on how you get the Search part open.

It can't be "search flows"....... So.....

Same as before. Ctrl+f

Ah! Ok. Just that usually Ctl f brings up the browser's "search on this page". This would seem then that NR is intercepting the keys and using its own search.

Speaking of ctrl-f is there a way from the keyboard to get to the browser search? I find that in discourse forums, the first time does a forum search, but a second gives you the browser search. In node red, I haven’t been able to find a way to do it. Both types do search can be useful, but I wish I didn’t,have go to browser menu with mouse when I need browser search.

Press F3 - works in chrome on windows.

1 Like

A Google search would almost certainly found that, but thanks for the quick reply.

In Firefox as well.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.