HMI and plc control

Hello,
I have a simple question, is it possible to add a button on my HMI ( siemens) and by a simple click on my button it activates or desactivates a node, my HMI is controlled by a plc s7-1500.
Thanks.

doubtful :wink:

Yes, if you know how.

what does "activates or desactivates a node" really mean?
If you mean "inhibit messages reaching a node" then Yes
If you mean "enables and enables a node" then that is much harder (and not recommended)

In which case, you can set a flag or byte or integer in the PLC and then have Node-RED read its value and do what is necessary.

I meant the second option that is harder, my project is to add a button on my HMI ( already done ), and once I click on it, I start sending Data From my PLC to MYSQL, actually I've already done this part I can read data from my plc and save it on a SQL server, I just wanna control my nodered from my HMI.
and it seems impossible I guess.
Thanks for your reply.

It is perfectly possible to allow / disallow messages being sent to mysql.

1. When PLC value is true (or 1), set a flow context variable flow.enableDatabase
  2. Add a switch node JUST BEFORE the mysql node that checks if flow.enableDatabase is true - and allow the messages to pass through to the database.

That is just one possibility. There are numerous other ways of handling this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.